View Single Post
New guy ,just found a Parker
Unread 08-17-2010, 08:51 PM   #1
chris dawe
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,784 Times in 602 Posts

Default New guy ,just found a Parker

It's a 12 gauge 30 inch bbl ,the barrel's are marked Parker Bros Makers.Meridian Conn.Bernard steel there is still quite alot of figure showing ,the left bbl however has a few small dent's,also there is a sling stud installed and a teeny brass rear sight just ahead of the doll's head.The only marking on the barrel flat's are a faint A on the left side and a B then 3 1/4 then C then 4 on the right
The forend is origional with matching ser#.
The receiver is coverd in a fine scroll,with no finish left, the side's depict pointing dog's the underside depict's a running deer,the water table has a patent Jan 18,Aug 16 1887 then May 7.Oct 8 1889 on the right side on the left there the serial #84762 with a 4 above it and a C below.
The buttstock is broken at the wrist and crudely repaired the checkering seem's to be about 18 lpi ,much coarser than the forend,it also has a cheekrest and a plain butt plate ...so I'm thinking they're not origional.
The gun lock's up real tight ,the lever right of center and the bore's are quite good....I picked the gun up for a pennance imo ,just thinking of it as a project to add to the pile so any help would be appreciated,the bbl dent's I will remove myself, I'm also capeable of the restock...any help or advice with the other stuff greately appreciated
chris dawe is offline   Reply With Quote