View Single Post
Build Date Clarifcation & Other
Unread 08-01-2009, 07:57 PM   #1
Robert Tarbox
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Build Date Clarifcation & Other

As happens, I have inherited a hammer 12Ga double barrel Parker, and am trying to learn a bit about it. First, it is in poor condition and marks have to be found under rust and gunk. I have determined so far that by serial number,46871, that it was produced around 1875. However, it would seem that by Patent dates also stamped in various places, up to 1878, that Parker would not produce a piece in 1875 and post date patent dates in the future. Does that make sence, or am I missing something. Yes, I am aware that this site mentions that the dates are approximate. If any one could comment on this I would appreciate it.

Further, regarding the barrel weight, I have found on the watertable a 4 with a 5 stamped close up and to the right of the 4. Would that be 4# 5 ozs?

As far as I have determined the gun is a #1 frame and there is a T & H stamed near the barrel weight. Would this be the grades(s) ? The barrel is
32 "

If there is other information that would help in clarifying information, i would be glad to try to find it.

Thanks for any help
Robert Tarbox is offline   Reply With Quote