View Single Post
Unread 08-16-2017, 05:45 PM   #15
Craig Larter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 10,633 Times in 1,683 Posts

I have had great experience with a small local auction (Hessney) for guns worth less than 1K, low commission 10% and pay in 10 days---market prices for all of my items. For the middle tier stuff I have had great luck with Amoskeag-----stuff I just wanted to go away and have been VERY happy with realized prices----beat my expectations on my Fox shotguns. For items that I wanted a set dollar amount without the auction risk I have used Tom Wyraz, Steve Barnett and Jay S, all are good depending on the item (Fox=Wyraz ( the best!), Winchester 21's= Tom Wyraz, Jay and Steve, Parkers=Jay or Steve). Tom will give you excellent personal service in my experience, Jay and Steve are great but more big volume dealers. I have purchased from RI and Julia's but have not consigned to them. Both are very good organizations in my opinion. But I have instructed my wife and son to call Julia's on my premature demise and ask for 0% commission to sell all my guns . As eightbore said some guns will sell for strong prices some will falter, average condition guns are in a market downturn. And don't forget the for sale forums on the collector sites------I have sold three Parker on this forum this year--- realistic prices and good Parker guns sell FAST!! in my experience. George if you have a 20ga 32" Sterlingworth CALL ME!!! Craig
Craig Larter is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Craig Larter For Your Post: