Thread: Proud NEW GUY
View Single Post
Unread 07-31-2010, 07:29 PM   #8
TARNATION !!!
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,371 Times in 657 Posts

Don: Folks here share your pride on inheriting a family Parker. Can you post some pictures?? Value is condition based but a family gun is considered priceless. If value is important to you, here are some questions. How is the wood for scratches/dents/dings/gouges etc. Your butt stock should be a pistol grip for that SN. How is the metal generally? Has it been re-blued or polished silver shiny (not good)? Is it rusty or pitted anywhere? Can you see case colors of translucent blues and light yellows on the frame? How are the barrels?? Bores clean and shiny but not honed? Any dents/bulges/rust pits?? Are they 30" long (correct for your SN) Does the top lever sit slightly right of the center line (good)?? What about the screw heads - are they burred or are the slots perfect? Do all the screw slots sit either perpendicular or parallel to the gun's axis or are they on every other kind of angle? When you close the gun, is the action tight, ie no way you can wiggle anything?? You can search for Parker Trojans on a variety of sites to see "asking" prices. Selling prices often vary or they are just re-listed. I'm not great at pricing. I have seen Trojans on-line asking $3000 but I haven't seen them sold at that. I bought a Trojan last year for $600 CDN - not a collector piece by any means but I'm planning to drop a few roosters with it this fall.

We do like pictures, especially when they are in focus and show crisp details.

Cheers,
Jack