View Single Post
Unread 02-12-2017, 02:44 PM   #6
Jay Oliver
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,244 Times in 647 Posts

Kurt, I'll add to the the good advice you already received. I would call or stop into dealers/gun stores relatively close to you(I wouldn't be afraid to drive a little for a good one though). I would explain that you are buying a high end gun and ask if they could they handle the transfer. Most charge a fee of around $35 or so.

Alan had mentioned someone you trust, which is critical. Since you don't know anyone(yet), I might try to find a gun store/dealer that sells higher end guns(anyone who sells Browning/Beretta O/U's would probably work). Also insist on insurance with the purchase. For my first Parker online purchase...now I can't prove this, but I think(almost know 99.9%) who ever opened the box at the FFL dealer I picked dropped the barrels(denting the outside off the breach). Even though I asked and even sent money for insurance the seller didn't insure the gun. So 2 things here, my FFL pick wasn't the best and I should have asked for proof of insurance.

In your case try to feel out a few dealers. For me it would be worth buying a few other things from the store...shells, a case, even a higher transfer fee. I would definitely tell them what you are getting and the approximate dollar amount and then ask them if they are comfortable with it. It really is a simple process, but given the dollar amounts involved and the uniqueness of Parkers it can be stressful. Once you find that FFL you trust(which I have now) you won't even worry about it.

If you had to send your gun off to get worked on that can be done as well. Don't let the lack of good sxs gunsmiths/shops in your area stop you from getting this gun.

Good luck!
Jay Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jay Oliver For Your Post: