View Single Post
Unread 06-10-2016, 10:23 AM   #5
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,623 Times in 2,670 Posts

Open carry in rural or non regulated areas in California remains lawful.

Concealed carry remains lawful if the sherrif issues a permit. Some do, others want proof you need to carry one. Concealed carry differs county to county.

Being in possession of a handgun or any gun is not unlawful , it must be transported in the trunk or a lock box if in the passenger compartment.

There are plenty of true Americans in California.

Remember that until the 2008 Heller decision there was no clear law on the individual right to even posess guns. Before then there was much debate and the 2nd Amendment refers to gun possession in the context of a well regulated militia . If you are a strict constructionist of the constitution then the words well regulated militia are meaningful and place the right to bear arms in context. If you are liberal with the wording then you disregard well regulated militia. Heller was a narrow decision led by Scalia, the NRA is well aware of the issues, when was the last time you saw "well regulated militia " quoted by the NRA rather than just " right to bear arms shall not be infringed".

As for me, I like my shotguns, I like to hunt and I live and hunt in states where both are traditions and popular. But I am well aware of the difficulties with the second amendment and the shifting interpretations. We could be back to pre Heller and the ways things used to be
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bruce Day For Your Post: