View Single Post
Need advice and info on 28ga Repro mods Need advice and info on 28ga Repro mods
Unread 05-23-2010, 10:36 PM   #76
Bill Anderson
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Need advice and info on 28ga Repro mods Need advice and info on 28ga Repro mods

I agree with Kenny. I really don't think barrel chokes should be changed or opened from the factory milling. Before long all too many of the Parker Reproductions will be in with the sea of molested guns like Parkers, Smiths, Winchesters, Ithacas, Remingtons and so on where it is becoming almost impossible to find an original choked shotgun. It is far better to use the choke as it was intended, instead of lowering value by opening the barrel. You might think you will own your shotgun until they close the lid on you, but in reality I think this happens very little. True you may have had your shotgun for 5, 10, 15 or more years, but eventually I think most owners change their mind, sell and move to another shotgun. If everyone would just slow down a bit and try different loads at various ranges you might learn that how each barrel is choked is really not that bad. Before too long you will be asking the seller of every Parker Reproduction that you want to buy if someone has opened the choke or not. Thankfully though, I think most of us are past using a hacksaw to solve a tight choked barrel problem like in yesteryears. That is why I never knock anyone who chooses to buy a screw-in choke shotgun, as they are not the ones who are destroying the very few unaltered classic shotguns still out there. Just my opinon, but a good one!

Last edited by Bill Anderson; 05-23-2010 at 10:57 PM..
Bill Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Anderson For Your Post: