View Single Post
Unread 03-05-2016, 10:13 AM   #32
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 11,681 Times in 3,143 Posts

By Themselves, the Federal laws have remained consistent for years. Where the confusion comes in is when states, Like New York, and their "Safe Act" enter into the equation, either contradicting the federal law, or adding language to it to make their own more stringent.
Virginia Law now will not allow an VA FFL dealer ship OUT a gun to a C&R, either within the state or to another state, and regardless of the recipient state's laws. Anything bought in VA must be done through a 4473. If VA ships to NY, you'll still need to fill out the 4473. If I have a VA dealer ship to me in CT, I may be able (Not having done it since the new CT laws, I'm not sure) Purchase it with my C&R, but then still have to fill out the States own bs paperwork.
With the limitation on buying, then reselling placed on the C&R, the record keeping requirements (keeping a 'book', and keeping up to date) and fewer opportunities to benefit from direct shipments, I personally am beginning to wonder if there are any real benefits left for the C&R licensee.
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edgarspencer For Your Post: