View Single Post
Reproductions in the field...
Unread 12-20-2008, 05:19 PM   #1
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,914 Times in 536 Posts

Default Reproductions in the field...

I have been shooting various Parker repro's for couple years now. Im an old school guy... Mine are all double trigger guns just like my original parkers. I have not ever had anything go wrong with any of my repro's and we shoot 50 targets a week at clays and 50 more at skeet or five stand. I shoot these games to keep sharp for upland hunting not score...I shoot low gun on all the games. On my november trip to Kansas this year I used a parker repro fitted with 16ga Galazan barrels made by Kreigoff.... They come 28" choked mod /full. I had Lou open the mod barrel to .009= IC and the left barrel full at .034 was left alone. Only one bird escaped my swarm of 5# during my hunt...It was flushed 40 yards to my left down in a bottom. my buddy missed two times as the bird gained speed and altitude. We had a strong tail wind going and the bird was realy smoken ...I pulled up on him as he passed 30 feet up over head..bang.....bang to kleen misses. I shot behind him, never knew a bird could brake the sound barrier...or out run led! Now I know why skeet shooting is so important to hunters. The repro's are a joy to hunt and shoot and we are all lucky to have them. thanks All...(-:
Kenny Graft is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kenny Graft For Your Post: