View Single Post
Pheasants in the East this fall..???
Unread 07-14-2009, 02:12 PM   #1
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,168 Times in 827 Posts

Default Pheasants in the East this fall..???

Jen & I are thinking about taking a week and driving west for a day or two with our dogs (2 brits) for some Pheasant hunting (Sept or Oct. probably?). Anyway - does anyone have any recommendations? We've considered as far west as Iowa - but that's probably a good full two day drive, so maybe IN or PA or OH or..? And - I have no idea which states have good bird hunting!

The "perfect" setup would be two day hunt on wild birds with our own dogs. I don't think we'd need a guided hunt - and frankly, Jen would feel more comfortable with just our dogs and a really small group (like just her & I - as she's never been bird hunting, is taking Hunter Safety for her certificate/License, etc..).

Anyway - any recommendations on good pheasant, chukar and quail hunting outfits or guides, etc.?? I've been searching on the Internet for a few days - and there are a gazillion - but, if some of you have any suggestions - that would be just terrific!! (Ummm - and yes - I'd be hunting with a Parker - so this post is on-topic )

Thanks in advance!

John
John Dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote