View Single Post
Unread 01-11-2015, 05:02 PM   #16
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 5,045 Times in 1,423 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Larter View Post
I have question for you guys using a wildcat load with red dot powder---why wouldn't you send 3 shells to T Armburst for testing just to confirm it is an appropriate load for the vintage short ten guns? The peace of mind would be worth the $15.00 to me.
Also, I reload only 7625 in 10 gauge and have never had cold weather bloopers and I live in western NY state (think cold and snow!!). I wonder if some reloaders experience cold weather bloopers from a weak crimp as a result of worn out hulls??
I inquired a couple of years ago about doing that, from what I can recall Tom wanted 6 shells, 1 to disassemble and analyze and 5 to shoot a string at $5 a shot. The issue for me was you can't ship ammunition via USPS. You can ship it via UPS using an ORM-D label. I don't think there is a hazmat fee but there may be. My UPS shipping/receiving center (you can't use the stores) seems to have people that are either nervous about or don't like anything gun related. They me gave such a hard time about shipping just a muzzle-loader I had sold, I walked out and took it to the Post Office. Anybody here sent stuff to Tom to be tested? As far as a piece of mind, 19 grains of Red Dot works great, I have no qualms.
Pete Lester is offline   Reply With Quote