View Single Post
Unread 08-24-2014, 06:09 PM   #8
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,663 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Murphy View Post
I've read more than once that Straight, i.e., English gripped guns generally have a longer LOP than pistol gripped ones. Single vs double trigger isn't the determining factor. Could be an urban myth, but that's the information that I've seen.
That may generally be the case when having a gun custom fitted --if-- the location of the front trigger of a DT gun and the trigger of a ST gun are in the same position. Then consider what was reported in The Parker Story . . . "The stock dimensions and weights of the Reproductions were selected to have the most appeal to a hunter. Incidently, Skeuse specified the pull length of the Reproductions to be 14 3/8". Well, the Japanese made the guns exactly to that specification, but measured the pull from either the front trigger of two trigger guns or the single trigger of a gun so equipped. The single trigger on the Reproduction was located in the same position as the rear trigger on a two trigger gun. Thus, the single trigger Reproductions may have a pull length that is a little too long for some shooters."