View Single Post
Unread 07-05-2009, 11:49 PM   #7
Dan Burke
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thank you again Mr Day, I think I will go ahead and get the letter, if for nothing more than to save a bit of its history and time spent for someone down the family tree, although so far I have quite enjoyed what I've learned, would have been nice to have gotten it from one of my ancestors even if it was in the form of a letter. I was lucky enough to find a piece of paper in my model 97 stock where the original owner had put the date he bought it and where, kinda like history reaching out. I'm actually glad to hear it was one of the more common, that usually means I would be able to get parts should I ever need any. On the gauge, I know its not a 12, the shells I have won't fit into the bore and I just moved and haven't unpacked the boxes with ammo so nothing else to go off of that way but I do have a dial caliper and a micrometer so tomorrow evening I'll post some pictures and sizes. Now I'm really kicking myself for getting rid of my reloading tools. Looking forward to learning more and I'm glad I found this site.
Dan Burke is offline   Reply With Quote