View Single Post
Unread 06-10-2014, 12:14 PM   #13
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,671 Times in 3,454 Posts

The first loaders I ever had were 800B's , got them used . Later on I switched to 800C's for all four gauges . While on the 800C you could change dies I opted for 4 seperate loaders as I didn't want to take the time to switch dies etc and had an old oak conference table to bolt them all down at the same time . Having dedicated loaders can be a good thing , however is a little cost and space prohibitive .

When I shot the shotgun games the PW's were worthwhile . And without a doubt PW makes the best loader on the market . I still wouldn't mind another PW 800 in 16 gauge !

FWIW , when I bought the 800C's I got the 20 and 410 from Jim Cunnigham first at a skeet shoot in Fredricksburg VA for if memory serves $500 each BRAND NEW granted this was about 1986 . The following year I upgraded the 12 and 28 from B's to C's and I got those two from Jim Tyrell that used to run the Pro Shop at Fairfax R&G for about $525 each . By my figures those four loaders paid for themselves in one year by cost savings of my reloads to the cost of factory shells .
CraigThompson is offline   Reply With Quote