View Single Post
Unread 04-02-2014, 12:43 AM   #9
Jeff Keacher
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Gish View Post
Jeff At a recent auction Parker SN 35783 was sold. The stock was broken completely at the wrist and badly repaired, also the left lock did not function. The auction estimate was $200-400. It sold for $3400. From the pictures in the Parker Grades section it looked like a grade 6. You can see pictures of the auction gun at littlejohnsauctionservice.com it is lot 934.
Ah, nice. I'm not too concerned about what the gun is worth right now. I think I got a good deal on it, but it's difficult to tell. For the time being, I'm assuming that it's worth what I paid for it, no more and no less.

I think my biggest motivation for acquiring this gun was nostalgia. When I was growing up, my father had some sort of double-barrel hammer gun hanging on the wall by the fireplace downstairs. I always thought it looked cool, but I was too young at the time to appreciate what it was beyond some sort of antique side-by-side. I'm still not sure what type of gun it was, but now I get to have something similar of my own.
JeffKeacher is offline   Reply With Quote