View Single Post
Unread 03-15-2014, 07:08 PM   #71
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,799 Times in 3,968 Posts

well no turkeys to pluck tonight..got up at 4 am cooked some bacon and eggs and was in the woods listening for turkeys to gobble but never heard a sound.as daylight came i went and set up on a big green field..about 9.00 i seen something i got the bino s out and took a good look it was 2 hound dogs they left thank goodness..i then went back to the house and cooked up some biscuits and ham..shoulda cooked something else i craved water all evening long and only had a part of a cola that i had carried with me this morning...the after noon hunt was really good i changed locations and hunted a large soybean field..only trouble the turkeys were already on the field there was about 15 turkeys in this field but not in a flock they were scattered over this 80 acre field...there was 2 really good gobblers in the field so i snuck around the far end of the field and set up my blind..i must have set up on the wrong end of the field for nary a turkey came my way..but while i sat there i seen 6 wood ducks 1 large hawk and about 500 crows andabout 300 doves.it was strange a lot of doves were cooing and most were still in 2 ;arge flocks.then 6 big helicopters came by with in shotgun range..the same helicopters run a big gobbler off in this same field last year..well i stayed till 6.00 pm and came home it was a good start to hope fully a good season..will be back in that field monday before daylight i hope..and maybe them helicopters will break down for a few weeks...charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote