View Single Post
Unread 02-08-2010, 10:25 PM   #10
TARNATION !!!
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,371 Times in 657 Posts

Francis: You have given me a new way of thinking. I have not thought of myself as a collector, yet I have more guns than I need and most are nothing to write home about. Accumulator is exactly my situation.

As for moving guns south, there are sites here that caution US buyers that unless the gun in question is a true collector piece or there is a large lot that their final cost will make the gun(s) poor value for money.

As for the Bow River, it's about 50 yards behind me in this shot from my youth. Dad would have had the VH.

That great location is well within the city of Calgary now but there were always mallards by the hundreds nearby. Did a bit of fishing but hunting was the over-riding passion. A friend in Calgary has invited me to join him in fly fishing the Old Man River, various mountain streams and some of the Kananaskis lakes. I bought my new waders and there will be a couple shore lunches allowed but most will be released (rainbows, brookies and browns). I must avoid getting hooked. Can't have the hunting trips reduced for a few scaly denizens of the deep pools.

Cheers,
Jack