View Single Post
Unread 01-25-2014, 07:08 PM   #36
Bach Melick
Forum Associate

Member Info

I finally got a chance to thoroughly go through your photos and compare them to the parts I have. The first thing which stands out is that some of my parts differ, although many are quite similar. Based on the serial number on my Ithaca 12 gauge double barrel side-by-side hammerless shotgun (s/n 22665), I was under the impression I had a Crass made in 1893 (based on THIS LIST, but now I'm not quite sure, although my parts are identical to the photos I received from Jeff Bonadurer...)

Al, based on the photos in your album, coupled with studying my parts and logically seeing how things fit and function, I was almost able to completely re-assemble my shotgun, although I have not been able (nor have I really tried) to install those two v-shaped mainsprings... I'm sure there must be a trick to properly install those...

I will post photos when I get more time tomorrow, but in the meantime, I have determined I am missing the following parts for my shotgun (I will follow Al's part numbering from his photo album):

(6) Hand Pin - end threaded & tapered (shorter length)

(17) Trigger Spring Pin - full length threads
(18) Trigger Spring - wire
(19) Safety T-Bar (trigger block)
* Note* I am not sure whether I actually need parts (17), (18) and (19), as my safety mechanism is different than what Al showed in his photo album...?

(14) Safety Slide Button Spring

(32) Sear Spring Pin/Hammer Pin
* Note* there should be four (4) total, but I have three (3), plus another similar pin which actually fits but is not the same as the others

(43) Firing Pin Return Spring

(38) Mainspring Strain Pin *Note* mine are both there, but one has a stripped head

(30) Grip Cap *Note* I just cannot figure out whether I am actually missing this parts, as I simply cannot see where it would logically go...?

(48) Trip Spring
(49) Trip Pin

(50) Straddle Block Set Screw *Note* I easily replaced this with a modern 10-32 fine thread set screw from the hardware store

(51)(52)(54) Top Lever Pin - full length threads, Top Lever, Top Lever Cam
*Note* on my shotgun, these 3 parts are all one solid piece...

Additionally, my shotgun was also missing a set screw of some type which retained the ejector underneath both barrels, but again, I easily replaced that missing part with a modern 10-32 fine thread set screw from the hardware store

my shotgun also has a long straight pin which protrudes from the rear of the (53) Locking Bolt Straddle Block, which seems to engage the tip of the (13) Safety Slide...

I'm going to see which of these parts I can order from Numrich Arms - Gun Parts Corp...

anyway, I will post my photos tomorrow - maybe I can also create a photo album here for reference...
Bach Melick is offline   Reply With Quote