View Single Post
Unread 01-13-2014, 11:26 AM   #34
alcaviglia
Forum Associate

Member Info

My pleasure, I had forgotten how many little bits and pieces there are to a legitimate disassembly of that shotgun.

I've gotten through the dimensioning of the pins and screws. Next will be the springs and firing mechanism. Once I'm done with those, I will begin reassembling each section for the tutorial. Most of that is pretty self-explanatory, but I'll go through it in respectable detail, nonetheless.

As for specialty tools, not really. You'll need a couple of punches and turnscrews or old screwdrivers (all flat head - there shouldn't be a Phillips anywhere on this gun) that you wouldn't mind filing/grinding down to fit properly. In that case, you would need a grinder of sorts and/or a file or two. Any type of bench vise will work for the screwdriver "project". I may use some old drivers in the tutorial and just file them down quickly - I've amassed plenty that I can grind away at.

If you don't have a secure vise, a couple of c-clamps to a bench or table will also work to help when seating the hammers. You can do it against your stomach, but it's not very comfortable. As for the punches, you will NEED 1/16" and 5/32". Others will work, but those two are required. And, of course, a hammer of some kind. Anything will do, but around 4 oz. is acceptable. Maybe a piece of hardwood to support certain sections when driving pins (I use 2 pieces of 1x3 maple cut about 6" long that I can stack for two separate heights). A pair of electrical needle nosed pliers (small with smooth jaws) for the trigger spring alignment/tuning and a pair of close in snips if you have to replace the spring - it may need to be trimmed to size so as not to get in the way of the trigger-sear contact.

Off the top of my head, that's all I can think of.
alcaviglia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to alcaviglia For Your Post: