View Single Post
Unread 01-13-2014, 08:07 AM   #19
Cold Spring
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 6,376 Times in 1,237 Posts

I use a lot of IMR "PB" for light through heavy 12 gauge loads, and up to moderate level short 10 gauge. I've never seen it in anything but 14 oz bottles, 4 and 8 pound jugs. A couple of gents have reported 5 and 12 pounders ???

For those looking for PB and not being able to find it, you might consider IMR SR-7625 which according to reports is also being discontinued. It is perhaps more useful than PB (light 12 thru heavier 10 gauge). And imo, reports about it being funky in cold weather are goofy and carried forward by those who have read that somewhere but never tried it themselves. I've tested 7625 extensively in 12 and 10 gauge by leaving loaded shells outside overnight in sub-zero degree temps, carrying them on an unheated golf/shooting cart, and shooting up to 100 rounds on a sporting course with the gun cooing down between stations. My buddies and I shoot on Sundays no matter what the weather, and I've done that many times with 7625 loaded shells with proper Remington, Federal and Claybuster wads and never had a blooper or light sounding report. Same with heavy 12 gauge both 2-3/4 and 3-inch, and short 10's used for hunting in the winter. For whatever this is worth .....
Frank Srebro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Srebro For Your Post: