View Single Post
Unread 09-21-2013, 11:25 PM   #25
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,692 Times in 3,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie cleveland View Post
i loaded up ten more rounds of theround ball loads i steped off 35 long steps from the target..shot 5 rounds in the right barrel the grouping was about 5 inches..i then shot the left barrel 5 times a coupla of the shells were bloopers but the other three were spot on.out of the 8 good shells the grouping was no bigger than 6 inches i think i m ready for the 50 yard mark now got to load up more shells..i musta not of held the ball down good when i glued those shells..anyway will take more time next time for the 50 yard mark..and john i got in a hurry and did not weigh the balls..but i will next go around..charlie
Get you 6-10 of the brass shells and crimp them like the pictures I've seen of old British shotgun ball loads . Looks as if they seat the ball deep enough not to be above the brass then the push the brass in , in about 8-12 different spots against the lead balls . You could also cover the top after that with candle wax for a moisture seal .

Look down this attached thread and you can see a normal roll crimp that should work for you on a brass shell . I have seen pics somewhere of indented shell tops and I believe they were of British manufacture . Anyway I was gonna find a picture and attach it for you but no such luck !

http://forums.nitroexpress.com/showf...40&an=0&page=4