View Single Post
Unread 03-27-2013, 10:25 AM   #22
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,929 Times in 1,398 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Purnell View Post
Conspiracy? No conspiracy here, it's obvious unless you are naieve, blind, or possibility part of it. What happens in 22 to 26 months? Mid term elections come to mind. It's no secret that the current administration is working toward attaining a super majority. If they are successful, well the ammo shortage will just make the next step easier. If Boehner manages to hold onto the House, the left still wins, just not as big. As the former White House Chief of Staff let slip four years ago, "Never let a good crisis go to waste".
Whether this a random result of current events and politics or something planned and deliberate, if it does not resolve itself soon it has the potential to hurt the entire gamut of firearm sports, the bottom lines of gun clubs and dealers and ultimately the sale of firearms. If you were looking at a sale flyer advertising a great buy on a new 9mm pistol, are you going to buy it an any price if retailer has no ammo for it?

I understood the run on ammo for so called assault rifles such as .223, but to find this shortage to be nationwide on shotgun target load components and 22LR is puzzling. Hoarding to some extent, and a shift by the manufacturers to fill all the gov't orders is probably to blame. I have not been doing this for as long as some of you but I been doing it for 40 years, I have never seen anything close to this situation.
Pete Lester is offline   Reply With Quote