View Single Post
2 nd day hunt report
Unread 03-17-2013, 02:23 PM   #1
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,799 Times in 3,968 Posts

Default 2 nd day hunt report

i did not get to go turkey hunting the first day the season opened in mississippi on friday...first time in my life its ever done this...well went saturday it was a good day no wind and about 45 degree temperature..i heard no gobbling going on early that morning but about 8.30 a m i called and a hen answered me across a small creek it took them about 15 minutes before they flew into the field i was set up in..they really liked the hen decoys one little fellow with about a half inch beard fuzzed up and was rubbing shoulders with her... 2 nd little fellow had no beard that i could see and he could only attemt about a half fuzzed up stance..there was seven of them they finally wondered off after not getting any attention from the hen decoys.. in about 30 minutes 3 long beards came into field at about 2 hundred yards i never could get them any closer...i had to leave at 9.30 so no turkey killed...then went this morning i only heard one gobble and never heard another peep.again left at 8.00 oclock to go to church so will be going early in the morning totin that old ten ga parker... charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charlie cleveland For Your Post: