Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Hunting with Parkers (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Question (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34188)

Dave Noreen 09-04-2021 07:07 PM

Question

For you folks in the states that don't have an open season on Mourning Doves. What is the status of the invasive Eurasian Collard Doves in your states?

Jim DiSpagno 09-04-2021 07:12 PM

Basically none that I’ve heard of in the Garden State

Dean Romig 09-04-2021 07:49 PM

Same in Mass Dave - none that I've heard of.

George Lang 09-04-2021 07:51 PM

Ditto in New York to best of my knowledge.

Dave Noreen 09-04-2021 08:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Now that I got busy and went and found a range map, I guess it is not an issue.

Attachment 99289

Chris Robenalt 09-04-2021 08:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Dave, plenty of Eurasion here in AZ, just ask members Phil Carr and Chris Dawe. We lost this "honey hole" to city expansion a couple years ago. Now we hunt across the street, until today. Game & Fish informed us the city of Mesa incorporated the empty dairy and last piece of the county island we've been shooting on. Time to seek out our next honey hole. Plenty left, just need to drive alittle further. I told my buddy/member, Dale Medders, "time to start looking, as we packed up to go home". You don't realize what you have until it's gone.
Here's a pic of Phil and Chris after one of our morning shoots a couple years ago.
Chris, AZ

CraigThompson 09-04-2021 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Robenalt (Post 342835)
Dave, plenty of Eurasion here in AZ, just ask members Phil Carr and Chris Dawe. We lost this "honey hole" to city expansion a couple years ago. Now we hunt across the street, until today. Game & Fish informed us the city of Mesa incorporated the empty dairy and last piece of the county island we've been shooting on. Time to seek out our next honey hole. Plenty left, just need to drive alittle further. I told my buddy/member, Dale Medders, "time to start looking, as we packed up to go home". You don't realize what you have until it's gone.
Here's a pic of Phil and Chris after one of our morning shoots a couple years ago.
Chris, AZ

Five or six shoots like you get with the Eurasians would keep me in dove breasts for a year I think ! And that’s eating 10-15 in a meal .:cool:

Dean Romig 09-04-2021 08:30 PM

How do they eat compared to mourning doves?

Chris Robenalt 09-04-2021 09:03 PM

Dean, the Eurasions are yummy! Dale is the chef. He'll cook a large batch, and we're eating them cold, the next morning with our coffee while we shoot! Alot more meat, it's a win win all around! I'll snack on them all day at work.
It may be awhile before I post pics. Need to find the next "honey hole", won't be long, promise!

Chris, AZ

Andrew Sacco 09-04-2021 09:07 PM

I am totally clueless on this topic and will have to start googling I guess. NY has no dove season even though it has broad support, we have idiots up top.