Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Paper, Memorabilia and Books (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   OK; one of the weirdest requests ever... (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32285)

Phil Yearout 01-26-2021 08:35 PM

OK; one of the weirdest requests ever...

I would like to have a Parker poster here in the old Museum of the Totally Unrelated, Mostly Forgotten and Largely Useless, but I frankly don't have the room. In the past I've had good luck with downloading images from the web and printing them off photo-size - maybe 8x10 or so or even smaller in some cases - a mini-poster if you will. Thing is, I haven't found an image of anything like the Tarnation poster or other that I can do this with. So...if anyone would be willing to post a decent photo here that I can save and print that would be, well, just super. Maybe we could keep the copyright laws, etc. under our hats. I'd want it to be something that says Parker, not just the image. If this is a crazy idea just forget you read this and move on...:)

Mills Morrison 01-26-2021 09:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Try this out

Brian Dudley 01-26-2021 09:35 PM

Phil,

PM me. I can hook you up with a small printing of the Parker Squirrel poster.

If you want.

Victor Wasylyna 01-27-2021 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mills Morrison (Post 323322)
Try this out

That’s a really neat piece you have there, Mills.

What’s up with the “Don’t Use Your Parker on Wood Ducks” and “Be Ready for Game that May be Legally Taken”? Were wood ducks not legal game back in the day?

-Victor

Rick Roemer 01-27-2021 07:11 AM

I was just reading about this poster/calendar in The Parker Story and yes, wood ducks weren’t legal at the time and Parker was a big proponent of conservation laws.

Mills Morrison 01-27-2021 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victor Wasylyna (Post 323341)

What’s up with the “Don’t Use Your Parker on Wood Ducks” and “Be Ready for Game that May be Legally Taken”? Were wood ducks not legal game back in the day?

-Victor

Wood Ducks were endangered back then.

Dean Romig 01-27-2021 07:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Victor Wasylyna (Post 323341)

-Victor

I don’t remember the exact years but yes, wood ducke were protected sometime in the twenties and/or thirties.
I’m reading Sheldon’s “Tranquility Revisited” published in 1940 and he makes reference to the fact several times in the book.

Bill Murphy 01-27-2021 10:44 AM

Mills, did you score that great calendar or is that an auction house image?

Mills Morrison 01-27-2021 10:47 AM

No I didn't. I would say "I wish" but not at the price it went for

Craig Larter 01-27-2021 11:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have this image and have had it printed poster size or smaller