Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Opinions on Caesar Guerini O/U's (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18904)

allen newell 04-20-2016 06:12 PM

Opinions on Caesar Guerini O/U's

I've not owned any Casesar Guerini Over/Unders before
. For most of my shooting life I've owned Parkers and tBrownings. However, a good friend of mine has acquired a Guerini Magnus 12 O/U that looks and shoots very well.

I'd like to know what folks think of these O/U's, especially how they stand up in the long term. My Brownings took quite a beating over the years without exception.

Any comments? I'm thinking of a Guerini 20 ga Magnus w/28 inch barrels for all around use.

Eric Grims 04-20-2016 07:56 PM

I have a Tempio in .410, on what appears to be a 28 gauge frame, with 28" barrels. It's a pleasure to shoot, fits me and have had it for almost 8 years. Along with model 42 Winchester these are my 410 guns. Those who shoot them for SC at my club seem to be very satisfied.

John Dallas 04-20-2016 08:00 PM

I'm aware of several customer service issues that have not been happy

Mills Morrison 04-20-2016 08:03 PM

Buy a Parker instead. Seriously, my wife's friends have had issues with them

Dick Hine 04-20-2016 08:08 PM

I have had a Caesar Guerini 12 ga Magnus Sporting for the last nine years and have found to be a high quality o/u which I shoot in all non sxs shoots. Their "Pit Stop" service is amazing. The gun comes back looking like new out of the box. The 20 ga guns I have seen look great and shoot very well..

Victor Wasylyna 04-20-2016 09:00 PM

I use a Challenger Sporting for sporting clays (when not using a SxS). It's pretty and swings. Have not purchased, nor even desired, another O/U since. The same cannot be said for side-by-sides!

-Victor

allen newell 04-21-2016 08:40 AM

Thanks all for your comments. It's not that I have enough Parkers, we could always have a few more, right?, it's just that after I got back from Vietnam and bought my Browning lightning over under which I shot for many years, it's just that I feel a need to have at least one O/U in the safe.

Gary Laudermilch 04-21-2016 08:53 AM

I've shot a CG a few times and kind of liked the way it handled. Seemed like a decent gun.

Why not just buy another Browning. My Citori target gun has over 150,000 rounds through it with no repairs. I do not doubt it will go that distance again.

Brad Bachelder 04-21-2016 09:08 AM

allen

Great product, I can't say enough about the design. Easily comparable to the Browning line. The only problems that we have seen have been reload related.
Amazing factory service.

Brad

Henry Verri 04-21-2016 09:12 AM

Magnus and EVO

I proudly own a Magnus 12 gauge and an ellipse EVO 28 gauge round action. Sent the 12 back for their pit stop after 25 thousand rounds were sent through it and they totally cleaned it , fixed the dents in the wood, and put in a new part at the break open lever ... No Charge. They also paid to ship it back to me. As for the EVO, I use it monthly for clays with no problems. My overall shooting has improved with these guns. Regards, and buy a Guerini, you won't be disappointed. :bowdown: