Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Hunting with Parkers (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New Gordon puppy to come home next week....(-: (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40957)

Kenny Graft 01-17-2024 06:45 AM

New Gordon puppy to come home next week....(-:

3 Attachment(s)
My sweet Ruby will be 13 Feb-5th and is now retired. She was my first Gordon setter and will never be replaced in my mind's eye. We have so many pictures and video thanks to modern cell phones. Our new front-line dog will be coming home this weekend. She is a field bread GS with bloodlines from Clear Cut and Stony Brook Kennels. We are so excited to get her! W have a B&B booked in the U.P. Michigan for the 3rd week of October this will be her first traveling hunt. Training will be over quail this spring and summer. I bought a 10-acker old farm stead place that the house was removed and is now grown over. Perfect place for quail and only 1 mile from my home....(-: Here are a couple pics of Ruby and Miss Charlie. Charlie was 6 weeks in the picture and had just had her first bath, she was not pleased with it, you can tell by the look on that face. Thanks all SXS Ohio

Harold Lee Pickens 01-17-2024 07:04 AM

Looking forward to seeing her in person Kenny.

Dean Romig 01-17-2024 07:55 AM

Will you have her at Hausmann’s this year? She’s really pretty.

Garry L Gordon 01-17-2024 09:13 AM

Okay, we all have our biases, but there's nothing as cute as a Gordon puppy. Miss Ruby will have her hands full mentoring that little rascal.

Good luck with your training. I'm sure she'll respond to her owner-handler well. Gordon's like that continuity, as I'm sure you know, Kenny. We had a Clear Cut female, a wonderful companion...and the hardest hunter I've ever owned.

Garry L Gordon 01-18-2024 08:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
In honor of Miss Ruby (Kenny, I hope it's okay that I worked on her photo a bit).

Kenny Graft 01-22-2024 07:43 AM

Pup is home....wild ride though, due to the weather

5 Attachment(s)
We traveled west of Iowa 80 Saturday morning and it was a parking lot along 80 from the ice storm Friday Jan-20.

Garry L Gordon 01-22-2024 07:56 AM

Yikes! Looks like the whole world was on its side.:)

But seriously, that is one cute puppy.

Chris Pope 01-22-2024 08:37 AM

Coming home from a SD pheasant trip one year in a late November snowstorm we counted 13 tractor trailers off the highway before we were smart enough to get off and take a state highway. What a mess...the hunting was good though.

Harold Lee Pickens 01-22-2024 09:30 AM

Little M iss Charlie is a cutie. Dont spoil her now.

Ken Hill 01-22-2024 09:56 AM

Congrats Kenny! Miss Charlie will have an interesting life.

Ken