Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   New User Introductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Help wit id (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2789)

mikael_kjaer 11-14-2010 01:10 PM

Help wit id

Hi Evryone

I have just purchased a Parker cal. 20, serial number: 175845 at a lokal fleemarked. On the barrel is ingraved "Parker Bros. Makers Meriden Titanic Steel".

I looked up the serial number it said 1917. The gun i complte, but used. There is no ware in the mainbolt. There is no dents in barrel. There is no color left on the barrel, but it is in good shape, no corrosion.

I need help to find a realistic value to the gun.

I'm from Denmark, so i hope you understand my writing.

Look forward to hear from the forum.

Bestv regards Mikael_kjaer from Denmark

Mark Landskov 11-14-2010 01:27 PM

Welcome aboard, Mikael! It sounds like you have a nice Parker. The 20 gauge guns are very desirable, both from a collecting standpoint and as fine upland game guns. If you provide photos, many of the forum members can provide information based on years of collecting and studying Parkers. Cheers!

mikael_kjaer 11-14-2010 01:48 PM

Hi Mark

Thanks for the reply. I wil post pictures as soon as possible.
I have looked in europe for info, but witn no luck. Then i ended at this fantastic site, I'm affreid that i have to spent a lot of time here.

Dave Suponski 11-14-2010 02:41 PM

Welcome! Can't wait to see some photo's I would love to know how some of these guns got all the way to Denmark!

mikael_kjaer 11-14-2010 03:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the reply.

I would also love to know the history behind the gun.

I'm trying to find back to some of tho owners before me.

I'm also new to the kind of use of the internet, i have tryed ti upload a picture, hopes i works, if it does mor pictures follows to morrow.

Best reards Mikel

Dave Suponski 11-14-2010 06:50 PM

Mikael, Sorry to say that your gun 175845 is not in the "Serialization Book" But if you go to our home page and follow the links you can order a research letter on the gun. This may help with some of the history of the gun as there are surviving records on your gun.

calvin humburg 11-14-2010 06:51 PM

wow more pictures looks like a gooden

Frank Cronin 11-14-2010 07:19 PM

Mikeal, Welkommen!

Be certain that you order a PGCA research letter for your newly acquired Parker as Dave recommended. It can answer some of your questions that inquired about and may say how it came to Denmark. It looks like a nice PARKER and you did well from that local flea-market.

Regards,

Frank

mikael_kjaer 11-15-2010 08:04 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Thanks for all the replys :)

Her are some photos. The one with year and date, is made of silver i think. I cant read the letters, perhaps it's the first owner's initials.

I have tryed to find the history behind the gun i denmark, but whit no luck.

If anyone wish photo's from certain angles, let me know.

Best regard Mikael

mikael_kjaer 11-15-2010 08:18 AM

Hi everyone

Is it possible to sendt and pay for the reserachletter by mail and bank transfer?

Best regards Mikael