Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Single Barrel Trap Shotguns (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Parker SBT barrel (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22010)

Patrick Lien 08-19-2017 01:21 AM

Mike,

Congats on your new trap gun. These late guns are my favorites and the Remington SBT guns had some really LONG chokes and shoot very well. Please show us more and let us know what part of the country it came from. Many of the late Remington Trap guns went west and I am always interested to learn their history.

Patrick.

Randy Davis 08-19-2017 11:06 AM

SBT

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Scelzo (Post 223352)
Well I bought s/n 237939 and couldn't be happier.

Reading through other threads I figured out some of the markings but not all. Clearly it is a SC Grade 4 with a 3 lb 5 oz barrel. Any ideas about the A and the small W?

It appears to be in very nice original condition but the recoil pad has been replaced with a Pachmayr. If someone knows what recoil pad shoule be on a 1935/1936 SBT I may have it changed.

The case color is great and it locks up "like a bank vault". There is no mid rib bead but I don't think that will bother my shooting.

Looking forward to shooting it Sunday.

Please excuse my poor photography.

Mike Scelzo

Mike, very nice late model SBT... As to the question about recoil pad mine is in the 217,xxx range, it has a Hawkins pad...
Trap3

Mike Scelzo 08-19-2017 12:13 PM

Very nice, Trap3. Thanks for sharing.

Mike Scelzo

Mike Franzen 09-03-2017 07:17 PM

Welcome to the SBT club Mike. Could you show a pic of the entire butt stock? Trap3 has a nice photo display in his post.

Mike Scelzo 09-04-2017 06:42 PM

More SBT Photos

5 Attachment(s)
Mike Franzen asked for more photos of my SBT so here they are. I am happy and proud to be its current caretaker.

Chuck Bishop's research letter says it was ordered as an employee and display gun for Remington. That could explain the terrific wood. The gun was completed on June 17, 1935 and shipped to Tom Daves at Remington on April 10, 1936. Except for the replacement recoil pad and the initials inscribed on the stock plate, it appears to be in original, unrestored condition. Does anyone know who CWT may be?

The best thing is it fits me perfectly and is great to shoot. I have been consistently breaking 22 or 23 clays since I picked it up but I feel a 25 coming.

Mike Scelzo

Mike Scelzo 09-05-2017 10:13 PM

Shooting it tonight the forend feels a little lose when the gun is open. Is that something to think about having adjusted? Any suggestions about who to send it to if it needs adjustment?

Mike Scelzo

Pat Dugan 09-07-2017 01:48 AM

I would definitely get a heart shaped Hawkins pad,
Most likely that was on it originally.

Pat Dugan 09-07-2017 02:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
SC 242055 has heart shaped Hawkins pad

Mike Franzen 09-08-2017 09:20 AM

Mike thanks for posting those pics. What a beautiful gun. The grain on the butt stock is about as good as I've seen. It doesn't appear to me that the stock has been altered in any way. So often we see these guns "improved" by a trap shooter. You're a lucky man. Somebody who knows more than me will come along and address the loose for end issue. My instinct tells me it needs to be looked at.

Chuck Bishop 09-08-2017 10:13 AM

Make sure the forend screws are tight.