Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Foto Fridays (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   New Puppie (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26946)

Phillip Carr 03-31-2019 12:37 PM

New Puppie

1 Attachment(s)
With my older dogs getting up there in age it was time for a new puppy. She is 7 weeks old and introduced her to a Chucker wing last night. This week she will go to the field with the older dogs we will be keeping in shape.
For now just getting introduced to riding in a kennel and playing in the tall grass.
Still working on a name. She comes from great bloodlines but most importantly for me both parents are quail hunting dogs that are well proven.

Gerald McPherson 03-31-2019 01:49 PM

Let's name her Ginger if I am seeing the color right.

Garry L Gordon 03-31-2019 02:11 PM

What's in a name?? Answer: Almost everything. Good luck with the naming...and the acculturation of that fine looking pup!

charlie cleveland 03-31-2019 05:29 PM

she looks like a bright pup...how about penny as a name....that was the name of my dads greatest dog he ever had .....charlie

Mills Morrison 03-31-2019 08:07 PM

Excellent! Nothing like a new puppy

chris dawe 04-01-2019 06:15 AM

Well if any pup had the opportunity to become a great dog it will be this one ,with Phil's love of dogs and hunting and the birds ....(oh my the birds)

Shes going to have the best life , common female handle up here is Gypsy

Rich Anderson 04-01-2019 07:46 AM

She's going to be a quail dog how about Mearns? My wife has wanted a female to name her Molly for a while but I got Ike instead:whistle:

Joe Dreisch 04-01-2019 05:35 PM

Fine looking pup. I like short call names. Eve

Phillip Carr 04-02-2019 01:18 AM

All great names guys I think they all are fitting. Rich I gave serious thought to Mearns I think that will be the name of my next Male Pointer.
My 9 year old granddaughter suggested Layla. Being a fan of Eric Clapton’s music I really like the song Layla. Played the song and now can’t get it out of my head.
I think Layla it is.

Kenny Graft 04-08-2019 07:11 AM

Ruby

5 Attachment(s)
My Gordon setter Ruby was also named from a song...Oh Ruby...don't take your love to town...(-: She is 8 years old now and has really become the bird hunter I always wanted. I am planning for a new puppy and I'm torn between a Gordon and a Ryman orange spotted setter. Gordons have great stamina and can hunt all day....when ruby needs a rest while hunting she will find some shade and plops down...I give her some water and in a short time she jumps up ready to go. I have never seen her over do it. She just knows to rest when needed. I keep her well hydrated too when its hot and dry...we get that in Kansas. Ruby loves Kansas....(-: SXS Ohio