Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Restoration (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   At it again - 16 gauge grouse gun restoration (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30803)

Harry Collins 09-23-2020 07:13 AM

Beautiful!

Mills Morrison 09-23-2020 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Groh (Post 312534)
I ended up having the gun stripped and cleaned, the barrels rust blued, and the chipped dhbp repaired. I think it turned out just great. If anything, the rust blued barrels set off what is remaining of the case coloring.
Attachment 88458
Attachment 88460
Attachment 88461

Well done!

Ed Norman 11-01-2020 09:06 PM

Steven,
I purchased a parker vh 16 gauge that has been restored, 26" barrels, its the perfect grouse gun. Every time I take it out, my dog goes on point in the gnarliest thickest patch of woods a bird can find to hide in:) I purchased an older fox 16 gauge with 26" barrels that is original condition. That fox is in such good original condition that a well known gun shop said it was worth more than the parker that had been restored. For some reason its easier to carry the original fox than the shiny restored parker. Maybe I will change in the years to come, but that parker just looks new, I love both guns. I hope some day I can carry that parker just like I do the fox into the thick stuff. Congratulations on that gun, it came out nice.

Harry Neil 11-02-2020 05:48 PM

Someone carried them when they were new, carrying them after a refinish is just a continuation of the story.....

That and there is no tomorrow guarantee....

Corey Barrette 11-02-2020 09:16 PM

Gun turned out well. With limited work done to it, appears the wise choice.

Ed Norman 11-02-2020 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Neil (Post 315326)
Someone carried them when they were new, carrying them after a refinish is just a continuation of the story.....

Harry,
I am getting closer to that belief, thanks for all your input in here, its appreciated.

Ed Norman 11-13-2020 05:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Neil (Post 315326)

Harry,
Just to show you I pay attention in here to all this good advice. Thats my parker vh 16 gauge that was refinished. Today Cash had 4 points in about 45 minutes. Two birds held, I have not been doing well this year on grouse. The parker is going to go out more often now.

Merv Boyd 11-16-2020 02:16 PM

It looks reallly clean and appears to have been taken care of. Even the screws look almost perfect.

I would not be embarrassed to accompany her to the field.

Merv Boyd 11-16-2020 02:21 PM

Sorry, but my prior post was regarding the 16ga that the ower was considering cleaning up / restoring.

PS. I love your brittany. Funny how they will never look at the camera!!!

Merv Boyd 11-16-2020 02:22 PM

It looks reallly clean and appears to have been taken care of. Even the screws look almost perfect.

I would not be embarrassed to accompany her to the field.