Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Man's Best Friend (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Bad news about our black lab Miss Jolie (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39743)

Daryl Corona 08-11-2023 08:36 AM

Gary,
Prayers for you and Jolie. We all do what we can do for our pups in hopes that it will make their lives better. Right now I'm dealing with my 13+ year old lab Parker who is struggling with age related loss of his hind end. I know my decision is coming in the near future. They are truly the most wonderful creatures God has put on this earth for us humans.

Bill,
My condolences to you and yours.

Everyone who has a pet now....take a moment to scratch them behind the ears and look them in the eyes. They'll know what you mean.

Gary Carmichael Sr 08-24-2023 06:14 PM

Just a quick update Jolie had her 3rd round of Chemo yesterday, was the worst on her so far, Dr says she is doing great, has next week off, just have to have her blood work checked at local vet, She is back to her old self today, Gary

Dean Romig 08-24-2023 07:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Something about Labs, as was said here they seem to know what we’re thinking… and I believe they truly have that sense.
This is Tobie, our chocolate lab who lived to 14 years plus. This pic was taken about a year before we (Kathy and me) had to make that awful decision to put her down… congestive heart failure.
She would often do things we were about to ask of her, but she beat us to it… she just somehow knew.
She was Kathy’s dog right from the start - she knew it, Kathy knew it and I knew it.

Heartbreaking to let them go… we’re so damn lucky to have had them in our lives.

Gary Carmichael Sr 10-28-2023 12:29 PM

Another update on Jolie She has next week off and only one more round of Chemo, Doctor says he thinks she might make a full recovery, I hope and pray she does, she is walking with me again, and chasing things she hears in the night and then comes back to the porch to rest and observe thanks guys for all your prayers, keeping our fingers crossed, Gary

Daryl Corona 10-28-2023 01:04 PM

Fingers crossed and prayers sent Gary.

Garry L Gordon 10-28-2023 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Carmichael Sr (Post 397589)
Another update on Jolie She has next week off and only one more round of Chemo, Doctor says he thinks she might make a full recovery, I hope and pray she does, she is walking with me again, and chasing things she hears in the night and then comes back to the porch to rest and observe thanks guys for all your prayers, keeping our fingers crossed, Gary

Gary, I hope the news about your Jolie continues to be good.

William Woods 10-30-2023 07:43 PM

Treasure the time.

Timothy Cicora 11-06-2023 08:41 PM

We also went though this with our Welch springer. Radiation and Chemo. 2yrs in remission , Good luck . We will pray for your family member because thats what they become. Family.