Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Hunting with Parkers (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   PGCA at Rasawek (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31763)

CraigThompson 12-01-2020 05:49 PM

PGCA at Rasawek

5 Attachment(s)
Had another nice day at Rasawek in Goochland VA . Four of us all PGCA folks Jimmy Hall and his son Benjamin as well as Danny Patton and myself . We got some birds and missed a few all in all a good day I thought . Aubrey the gentleman from Rasawek had three German Shorthairs on the ground and Jimmy had one of his Boykin’s out . Dog work was good pointing and retrieving , shooting ALWAYS has room for improvement LOL’s . Lunch was excellent and the company was great . Hope to do it again before the season ends !

Mills Morrison 12-01-2020 06:15 PM

Nice!

Garry L Gordon 12-01-2020 08:16 PM

Looks like a great time with good people. I used to hunt wild quail in Goochland County on paper company land. My guess is all that has gone away. I'm glad you can still find a place to follow bird dogs.

Randy G Roberts 12-01-2020 08:27 PM

I bet there's some interesting Parkers in that group. I've never seen Danny in long pants before, there must be two of them fellas :)

CraigThompson 12-02-2020 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy G Roberts (Post 317413)
I bet there's some interesting Parkers in that group. I've never seen Danny in long pants before, there must be two of them fellas :)

Let’s see I think it was a VH or GH 16 , a GH 20 , a DHE 28 and a VH 28 . There was a nice older gentleman that was a good friend to Danny and myself sadly he’s no longer with us , but he hated shorts and sandles with a passion I’m not sure who he gave the harder time about wearing both Patton or myself as we both seem to wear them a bit longer than most folks .

CraigThompson 12-02-2020 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garry L Gordon (Post 317411)
Looks like a great time with good people. I used to hunt wild quail in Goochland County on paper company land. My guess is all that has gone away. I'm glad you can still find a place to follow bird dogs.

We got into what they claimed was a wild covey at Rasawek two saturdays ago when we were there with the VA Vintagers group .

Randy G Roberts 12-02-2020 08:05 AM

I could live with that battery of Parkers.

CraigThompson 12-02-2020 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy G Roberts (Post 317443)
I could live with that battery of Parkers.

Yes that’s not a bad group but I’d kinda feel lost without a 10 :cool:

Mike Koneski 12-02-2020 11:58 AM

Did Danny actually get off the throttle and allow you guys to shoot at some birds?? :shock:

CraigThompson 12-02-2020 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Koneski (Post 317464)
Did Danny actually get off the throttle and allow you guys to shoot at some birds?? :shock:

That’s the second time I’ve shot quail with him in two weeks . He didn’t shoot a great amount either time but he did get his licks in :cool: