Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The rifleman (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31676)

calvin humburg 11-22-2020 01:56 PM

The rifleman

A lifter made an appearance in season 1 episode 4. I believe? Best c

Wayne Owens 11-22-2020 02:45 PM

Yep, Lee Van Cleef took it from Micah. Pretty cool!

calvin humburg 11-22-2020 07:11 PM

What movie? This is cuck conners in the rifleman a tv series the sherif had it?

Wayne Owens 11-22-2020 08:02 PM

Yes. The Rifleman sheriff is Micah who had the Parker in this episode. The bad guy played Lee Van Cleef took it from Micah. It was a lifter and is the only episode that I have noticed this shotgun in.

todd allen 11-23-2020 11:11 PM

I spent my early days in the technical side of show biz. Mostly stage production shows on the LV Strip, but some TV, and movie stuff.
If you knew someone, there were treasures from the Prop Departments from the Hollywood Movie production companies. I picked up a few items, but no firearms. A friend picked up an M1 Garand that was used in the musical South Pacific.
I shot this rife, and in fact,, this is the rifle that taught me about the little surprise on the last shot.
Anyone familiar with the Garand knows what I'm talking about.
I wish I could go back in time, and ask around about Parker's. This stuff is probably considered to be contraband these days.

calvin humburg 11-24-2020 06:21 AM

i guess I'll call you who. Who, lee van cleft was not in the eposide. The ol boy walks into the house dumps the sawed off shotgun out of a bag on the table puts in slugs and then shoots the Virginian, in town. Maybe they are the same show, I'm not 100% sure it's a lifter. It's on the roku channel. And the rifleman is pretty dad gum good watching compared to the crap on tv now.

Wayne Owens 11-24-2020 10:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This is season 1 episode 26 of The Rifleman showing Lee Van Cleef with the Parker hammer lifter.

Russ Jackson 11-26-2020 09:39 AM

My wife and I watch The Rifleman a couple of times a week on You Tube ! I agree it's good watching compared to the garbage today !

calvin humburg 11-26-2020 05:47 PM

Well I'm working my way to the "the bads" episode. Believe the bartender has one in episode 22 as well. I would put on pictures but I lack that ability:)

Russell E. Cleary 12-03-2020 12:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The gun does appear in The Rifleman, season one, the 4th episode, entitled, “The Marshall”.

I have tried, without success, to copy a frame from the video which does indicate the recessed hinge pin and absence of a top lever.
The best part is seeing how competently Micah Torrance (Paul Fix) handles the gun, loading it with slugs and explaining to Mark McCain (Johnny Crawford) why he has chosen slugs over buckshot: “Shotgun slugs, boy. Carry three times as far as buckshot. They came in handy once; maybe they will again”.

I can't imagine Daniel Craig being filmed so hands-on with his Walther PPK. The cameraman I think would have to cut-away for a few moments, or let a stand-in do the loading.