Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Hausmanns 2019 (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26370)

James L. Martin 01-27-2019 03:31 PM

Hausmanns 2019

Did we block out rooms for the Northeast shoot at Hausmanns, June 6,7,8 yet?

Dean Romig 01-27-2019 03:58 PM

Not that I'm aware of.

Frank Srebro 01-30-2019 09:37 AM

Someone should step up on this before too much longer. Not an issue for me since I live nearby HH, but gas drilling has kicked in again big time and parking lots at most of the hotels within a radius of Hausmann's are full of white pickup trucks, the preferred color by drill and pipeline companies.

Larry Frey 01-30-2019 07:17 PM

I usually block the rooms for our group and will do so tomorrow and post the info here.

Dean Romig 01-30-2019 07:44 PM

Nice move Larry - if you hadn’t, I would have done so tomorrow as well. We all thank you!

Rick Roemer 02-02-2019 08:14 PM

Hello,
Could someone tell me what Hausmanns is? I’ve looked at the online calendar and don’t see a reference. Is it open to any member, etc. ? Wanting to get more involved

Thx

Dean Romig 02-02-2019 08:26 PM

Hausmann’s Hidden Holliw sporting clays in Friendsville pa.

Rick Roemer 02-02-2019 08:30 PM

Ok thx. Is this a shooting only event.?

Dean Romig 02-02-2019 08:37 PM

No, it’s a rendezvous of sxs shooters from all over the US.
Yes, its a great shooting event but is a great social event and a fine exhibit of guns and stuff from 30 - 40 vendors.

Definitely a must do for somebody as close as Ohio.

Rick Roemer 02-02-2019 08:44 PM

Ok thx for the info. I just didn’t want to travel all that distance for strictly clays.

Dean Romig 02-02-2019 08:55 PM

You will really enjoy the whole experience. You might even find a new Parker or two... or 3... that you can’t live without. And you’ll definitely find some new friends.

Rick Roemer 02-02-2019 09:16 PM

Good plan!

Larry Frey 02-02-2019 10:00 PM

Just an update on the rooms, I called on Thursday and Friday but keep missing the person I need to connect with to make our block. I will try again on Monday and post the information here.

keavin nelson 02-03-2019 09:28 AM

I have a hotel connection in Towanda if you run up against a short on the rooms. It is a little bit of a drive but........

allen newell 02-03-2019 04:57 PM

Where is HH?

Dean Romig 02-03-2019 05:05 PM

Allen - If you mean Hausmann’s Hidden Hollow, it is in Friendsville, PA

Chuck Bishop 02-03-2019 06:00 PM

They do have a web site if you do an internet search.

Harold Lee Pickens 02-03-2019 08:31 PM

Okina is probably an eight to nine hour drive from houseman's. I live right by the Pennsylvania line and it still takes me 6 hours to get there. It looks like okina is close to Cincinnati which is about two and a half to three hours from me

Dean Romig 02-03-2019 08:45 PM

It’ still worth the ride.

Hey Opening Day, are you coming from Michigan?

Harold Lee Pickens 02-03-2019 09:31 PM

Oh yes , it's my favorite. I will be there

Frank Srebro 02-03-2019 10:04 PM

http://hhhsc.net/

Click on the three parallel blue lines in upper right corner for the drop down menu.

Site isn't updated as yet for the 2019 SxS events to include the Northeast SxS in June and the Vintage Cup in September.

Larry Frey 02-04-2019 07:24 PM

Our room block for the upcoming shoot at Haussmann's Hidden Hollow is all set. I need to scan and send the contract back tomorrow when I get to work and our members can them book their reservations by asking for the Parker Gun Collectors or PGCA group rate. This years rate is the same as it has been for the last several years at $99.95 per night. Depending on your schedule the rooms will be available from June 5th - June 8th and they will hold our block until May 6th. After that date you will get whatever is available at the regular rates. Currently 20 rooms are blocked but I can increase that if needed so if your told the block is full please let me know right away and I will expand it if possible. The Hotel info is listed below.

Quality Inn & Suites Vestal
4105 Vestal Parkway East
Vestal NY 13850
(607) 729-6371

Dean Romig 02-04-2019 07:27 PM

Thanks Larry! Good Job

Brian Dudley 02-04-2019 10:52 PM

The Northeast SxS is the name of the event. Hausmanns is the venue.

James L. Martin 02-06-2019 10:35 AM

Just booked a room under our group rate ,all went well.

Eric Eis 02-07-2019 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 264723)
It’ still worth the ride.

Hey Opening Day, are you coming from Michigan?

I wish we could but again the times mess us up. We would get back from Ernie's on Monday and then Tuesday turn right around and head up to the Great Northern way too much windshield time and I'm not sure Vickie would be to good with it either (two weeks two shoots) I was hoping Medford would push their shoot back to Father's Day which would give us at least a day home but they didn't :cuss: So we had to pick one shoot and it was Medford, but hopefully I'll see you guys at the Southern.

edgarspencer 02-07-2019 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Eis (Post 265124)
I wish we could but again the times mess us up

Oh man, Eric. I was going to have you pick up my two barrel set when you pick up your P. Parker said he’ll have both guns done soon. Oh well I guess he’ll have to ship it.

BTW, not that anyone is taking attendance, but this makes two consecutive years you and Rich have not come to Hausmann's. We missed you and a lot of people remarked how they got a few ribs with Anderson absent.

Eric Eis 02-07-2019 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edgarspencer (Post 265143)
Oh man, Eric. I was going to have you pick up my two barrel set when you pick up your P. Parker said he’ll have both guns done soon. Oh well I guess he’ll have to ship it.

BTW, not that anyone is taking attendance, but this makes two consecutive years you and Rich have not come to Hausmann's. We missed you and a lot of people remarked how they got a few ribs with Anderson absent.

Edgar, same reason this year as last we just can't do basically two weeks on the road. I could bring your two barrel set to the Southern and have one of the New England guys take it back with them, George, Dean etc

Stephen Hodges 02-17-2019 02:57 PM

Just a heads up. I just called the Quality Inn to make reservations for the shoot and the reservation person could not locate the group rate. He said that he would keep looking and if he could not find it he would get back to me.

James L. Martin 02-17-2019 03:28 PM

I always call Monday thur Friday during normal work hours for that very reason. When I called the first question from the desk person was the date I wanted, then they said is it the Parker Association.

Brian Hornacek 02-21-2019 11:48 AM

Can someone give me a rundown of the events? Looks like shooting is Thur, Fri, Sat?

Dean Romig 02-21-2019 12:09 PM

This is from Hausmann's Hidden Hollow website...

"Our course consists of 16-30 Sporting Clay Stations, Crazy Quail, a Tower Field, a Covered Five Stand, and Skeet Field offering both the experienced and novice shooter an opportunity to improve his or her shooting ability. Sporting Clay Stations and Targets are changed regularly to provide interesting shots.
Although, we are a sporting clay course, we are geared toward Hunter Clays, which gives the shooter the opportunity to enjoy shots that are realistic to field conditions.

For your convenience we have set-up a vertical/horizontal wobble trap for use before or after the main shooting venues. This shooting station is a great warm-up or fun to shoot all by itself!
"

But I don't understand why Ernie hasn't posted a full explanation of the 17th Annual Northeast Side-By-Side Classic event on his website.... probably still ironing out some of the details.

Harold Lee Pickens 02-21-2019 12:29 PM

Brian, hope you can make Hausmann's. I really enjoy that shoot more than the Southern. My wife tells me we have a wedding to go to that weekend--I told her to tell the bride and groom I said Hi! I'll be camping out at Ernies.
Btw Dean, I will be getting in Wed afternoon if you need someone to set up the Parker tables.

Dean Romig 02-21-2019 12:56 PM

Harold, I don't know what the plan is for the PGCA tables. I certainly can't guarantee when Kathy and I will get there, or even what day as we'll be hitting Ernie's at the tail end of an excursion through the historic battlefields in Virginia and PA. I have the banner and three tablecloths that I can ship to anybody who wants to take the responsibility of setting up and taking down the tables. The tablecloths should really be cleaned and I'll check with the BOD before having them dry-cleaned.

Dean

Brett Hoop 02-22-2019 08:12 AM

Brian

It is a little bit of Woodstock for Parker, AH Fox et al. You'll find lots of great folks present. I am not a competitive shooter so can't speak to the specific competitions. I like the sub course a lot because I envision a grouse type shot on most of the stations. The course can't help but be scenic, it is in the Endless mountains, and our host Ernie is a grouse hunter. There is a Bo Whoop, and a Pigeon ring I got to watch some of my buds shoot last year. Also a number of interesting vendors of guns and art along with some smiths that offer many temptations.
For me it's the rendezvous with friends where I enjoy hanging out in Paul's field of the evenings shooting something other than shotguns.

Dean Romig 02-22-2019 09:43 AM

That’s a perfect synopsis Brett!

For me it’s a great social event where we can all indulge in any of the shotgun centered activities we want to.

edgarspencer 02-22-2019 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Hornacek (Post 266656)
Can someone give me a rundown of the events? Looks like shooting is Thur, Fri, Sat?

Brian, I'm trying to talk our buddy up north into coming down. Perhaps you speak Newfy.

chris dawe 02-22-2019 11:04 AM

Je%@S.....don't call that guy Newfy to his face ! they dont like as much as the mainlanders think !

edgarspencer 02-22-2019 11:43 AM

:duck: Ooops

Sara LeFever 02-22-2019 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 266742)
That’s a perfect synopsis Brett!

For me it’s a great social event where we can all indulge in any of the shotgun centered activities we want to.

I agree wholeheartedly. It's my favorite shoot. Always good fun and great people! Looking forward to it already!

Sara