Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Restoration (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   (NOT) RESTORED DHE 20 GA (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=329)

Anthony Cibelli 08-03-2009 08:59 PM

(NOT) RESTORED DHE 20 GA

I recently had my DHE 20 ga Parker completely restored by a well known and recommended gunsmith.
The gun is a disaster. I have contacted this gunsmith numerous times to resolve this issue. He has refused to refund all /or/ any part of my payment for substandard work.
I have found another competent gunsmith who received the Parker today.
He has added to the list of of problems - a completely botched restoration!
Now this will cost me more time and money.
Please contact me if you would like the name of the first gunsmith and/or pictures of his inferior work.

Dean Romig 08-03-2009 09:20 PM

That's sad. Seems we hear/read more and more of this sort of thing. I guess we need to ask for recommendations and actually examine, first hand, the quality of their work.
So, who is this 'gunsmith'??

DSRomig@aol.com

John Dunkle 08-03-2009 09:37 PM

Hi Dean and Tony...

First - I will tell you that I really respect Tony for his post. It's a long story - and I've chatted with Tony in private over the past weeks.

Second - Tony is still getting the hang of the forum and how to reply - but I'm certain he will. He's simply trying to get his DHE back into a condition that - in Tony's words to me - "would make Mr. Parker proud.."...

I hand it to him for his perseverance in spite of one restoration gone not in a direction he anticipated... So - my view? Let's get him square as well as his DHE...

John

Carl Beers 08-04-2009 07:59 AM

Information Please

Tony....I have a Parker that I'm planning to place in the hands of a restorer. Please let me know the name of your incompetent smith so I'm certain not to make contact with him. My e-mail cbbeers@att.net

Anyone know of a good stock man. Want to have a new stock and fore wood made and want it done correct to the gun. I know Doug Mann but he is booked up for a long time. Please contact me with your thoughts at the above e-mail. Thanks, Carl Beers

ED J, MORGAN 08-16-2009 11:41 AM

The smith in question has worked on and brought back to life several Parkers for me, some in really bad shape. I have been veery happy with his work. I think there was a misunderstanding as to the type of stock finish on Tony's gun and things went downhill from there. We need to be fair about these things. Ed

Anthony Cibelli 08-17-2009 11:42 AM

Ed - I think you forgot all the pictures I sent to you (and I have more pictures and testimonials form other gunsmiths) - the entire gun is a disaster - I tried to negotiate a partial refund and he laughed at me - have your restored guns been seen by the 'Parker guys' - the same guys that commented on my gun?

Anthony Cibelli 08-17-2009 12:12 PM

Bruce - Mr Parker would cry at your response (look at John's post) - how do think Puglisi gets high condition guns - restoration.

Dave Miles 08-17-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony Cibelli (Post 2835)
Bruce - Mr Parker would cry at your response (look at John's post) - how do think Puglisi gets high condition guns - restoration.

I don't think so.

Dean Romig 08-17-2009 01:03 PM

The vast majority of Jack's high condition guns are in original high condition, not restored guns.

Eric Eis 08-17-2009 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony Cibelli (Post 2835)

Anthony,
I would like to know how you know that. I have bought several guns from Puglisi's and they have all been original as they were represented. I would be very carefull about slandering a man's reputation unless you have very good proof. Eric