Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Man's Best Friend (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Feeling the Heat (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26945)

todd allen 03-31-2019 11:50 AM

Feeling the Heat

1 Attachment(s)
This is what my wife goes thru every morning. Not 6:30 AM yet. My wife would like to read the news, and make it through her first cup of coffee.
Allie and Emma want breakfast.
Mom makes them a special chicken, rice and peas breakfast, btw.
Attachment 71521

Ed Norman 03-31-2019 12:45 PM

Todd, My brittany runs in circles, jumps in the air and turns circles, if I don't get his food right away, the whining starts:) You would think we starve him by the way he acts. Thanks for posting what a grreat picture.

Garry L Gordon 03-31-2019 04:06 PM

Hey, it's the family, yes?! Nice to see that everyone likes to start the day off right. I'm sure your wife wouldn't have it any other way. Nice photo. Thanks for sharing it.

todd allen 03-31-2019 04:49 PM

You should see Emma, the one on the Left, when I get the E-collar out for a quail walk. She gets highly animated, and very upset if she doesn't get to wear it. Emma doesn't need the E-collar, but Allie does. If I put the collar on Allie, Emma totally freaks out, and throws a fit.
So, I have to keep a dummy collar in the box, and fit hers first. Then she settles down enough that I can put the real one on Allie.
Also, I can pick up a shotgun, or I can pick up a hunting hat. No big deal. If I pick up a shotgun AND a hunting hat - Huge deal!
No, these dogs aren't spoiled much.

todd allen 03-31-2019 05:43 PM

Allie got to hunt in Idaho this last year. One whole week of pheasants, grouse and even an occasional Hun.
She struggled a bit in the beginning, learning to hunt a new type of habitat, but by day three, she was a bird hunting machine!

Garry L Gordon 03-31-2019 06:30 PM

My dogs have similar reactions to having training collars put on them, and know they aren't going out to hunt if they don't get their "suits."

Hey, did you run into porcupines in Idaho? Or rattlesnakes?

todd allen 03-31-2019 06:53 PM

Nope. Been lucky on both. I've hunted the same area for over 20 years, and never had an encounter with either.
I've only had one rattlesnake encounter while hunting, and that was in Northen Nevada on a chukar hunt.
I made a hat band out of him.

Rich Anderson 04-01-2019 07:51 AM

Audrey has cooked chicken and rice for Ike the last couple of mornings. He ate a dead bird in the yard and it gave him some digestion issues. I just get cereal even if I have digestive issues:eek:

Treat them like family, feed them like family:)

Dennis E. Jones 04-02-2019 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by todd allen (Post 270461)
No, these dogs aren't spoiled much.

Dogs are like grandchildren you must not spoil them but, you can indulge them. Of course I never spoil either my dogs or my grandchildren, my wife would disagree.