Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Single Barrel Trap Shotguns (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Atlanta Fall Classic 2022 (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37636)

John Davis 10-29-2022 03:30 PM

Atlanta Fall Classic 2022

1 Attachment(s)
The Atlanta Fall Classic took place at Tom Lowe Shooting Grounds on Saturday, October 22, under clear blue skies and the mildest of temperatures. This was a 200 target event and the Arrow was finding its mark in the first hundred with a decisive 99 and a 2 bird lead for the championship. However the Indian lost his rhythm in the second hundred, dropping 5 and leaving the door wide open for two other shooters to take the lead with final scores of 195 apiece. That tie for champion and runner up was settled by compromise, aka coin toss, leaving the Parker SA with AA honors.

Reggie Bishop 10-29-2022 03:45 PM

That’s great! Nice trophy too.

Jim DiSpagno 10-29-2022 04:01 PM

Way to go John

Stan Hillis 10-29-2022 05:49 PM

Congratulations, John. Good shooting.

But, I have to ask why the tie was settled with a coin toss and not a shoot off? Having been in several shoot-offs over the years I always looked forward to them, and felt a great sense fo accomplishment when I won them. i never heard of a coin toss settling a tie, though I will admit to not knowing much about trap. Is that a common way of settling a tie in trap?

John Davis 10-29-2022 06:55 PM

Coin tosses aren't uncommon and the option is available if all involved agree. Sometimes folks just don't want to waist the shells or the prize isn't worth it. If I had secured one more target, there would have been a shoot off.

CraigThompson 10-29-2022 08:41 PM

Congratulations ! You’re giving Koneski a run for it in the bling bling department :cool:

CraigThompson 10-29-2022 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Davis (Post 374491)
Coin tosses aren't uncommon and the option is available if all involved agree. Sometimes folks just don't want to waist the shells or the prize isn't worth it. If I had secured one more target, there would have been a shoot off.

In the past I always preferred shoot offs over win by long run or coin toss . But as one older fellow told me once “ya takes Uhm how you can gets Uhm” !

CraigThompson 10-29-2022 09:05 PM

Quote:

In the past I always preferred shoot offs over win by long run or coin toss . But as one older fellow told me once “ya takes Uhm how you can gets Uhm” !

Stan Hillis 10-29-2022 09:41 PM

Quote:

Waist (waste) the shells? Hmmmm ....... I never considered it a waste. I always love shoot-offs. IMO, the prize is hardly ever worth it. It's mostly braggin' rights.

I certainly don't mean to demean in any way your accomplishment, John. Just getting to the first place tie is a win! Well done!

John Davis 10-30-2022 06:47 AM

I wasn't in the first place tie. I finished one target out. The two gentlemen who tied are both AA shooters and All Americans. It was getting late, the shoot off targets weren't going to count toward their averages and they were both going to walk away with a buckle regardless, so I'm sure they decided to save the shells and let a coin decide the outcome. I typically prefer to shoot it off, although I have differed to my fellow competitor at times.

However, at the 2022 Georgia State Shoot I was in a 3 way tie with money on the line. The other two gentlemen in the tie wanted to just split the money three ways. I refused, figuring I came with no money I can leave with no money. I left with the money.