Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Reproductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Parker Reproduction 2 barrel set forends (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32384)

Brian Dudley 02-03-2021 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Baehman (Post 324390)
Sorry, I don't claim to be The Amazing Kreskin, or else I must have missed where you were speaking of two splinters.

Of course, I was not clear.
No worries. I was more getting that the point that since Parker Repros were manufactured with such consistency in the parts with near true interchangeability, the need for barrels to have their own forends in a same gauge set, like Meriden guns, is really not there.

Gerry Addison 02-10-2021 08:16 AM

I owned a 12 gauge with 30" and 28" barrels and it had a splinter and beavertail both numbered to the gun. Rare bird!

Tom Flanigan 02-14-2021 08:52 AM

I had one 20 bore Repro but sold it. In the past I had mistakenly misjudged all Repro’s based on this gun. The checkering had many crooked lines and runovers. I had to take it all down and re-checker it with mullered borders. The finish was poly which was a bear to remove. I redid the barrels also, not that the gun needed it, but I wanted to have the old rust blue process.

I sold it soon after because it had a single trigger and, in my opinion, was too heavy for a 20 bore. It just didn't feel right to me.

Bill Murphy 02-15-2021 03:53 AM

My 28 gauge two barrel set has two beavertails, but one of the beavertails came from a CHE or BHE original 28 gauge, I forget which. It fits as well as the Repro forend, and looks better. I tried to contact the owner of the original Parker, but he would not respond to my efforts. Oh, well.

Dean Romig 02-15-2021 06:32 AM

Bill, the serial number might be a clue to the grade.

Barton F Reynolds 02-18-2021 01:47 AM

Well...Owned Proto Type Sets ...One in 20 gauge 2 barrels and a 28 gauge 2 barrel Proto Type Set...Ordered from Regency Chemical .....Beavertail Forearms and Irons.
Those Sets are Out there Somewhere...I have Been Looking for 25 years...Wish I had NEVER SOLD THEM.

FYI...Proto Type..Serial Numbers Under 100..Also Pre Fix ...P-xxx

Bill Murphy 03-06-2021 10:24 AM

Dean, my extra beavertail is engraved like a C or a B and letters as a D. News flash! As of last night, I have completed a consecutive numbered three gun set, 28 gauge, 28", straight grip, double trigger, splinter. All three guns are in my shooting group. Many years ago, my two friends bought two of the three and I was almost ready to buy the third, but the price was a little high. Instead, I bought a two barrel set at the closeout from Guns Unlimited. The third gun appeared at an auction recently after having gone missing for decades. I was lucky to be the "aggressive" bidder. Living right, bidding high.

Dean Romig 03-06-2021 10:46 AM

Ah, so - It apparently wasn't priced a little too high this time so Congratulations on a great score!!

Bill Murphy 04-02-2021 01:31 PM

Yes, Dean, this time the price was not too high, almost twice the price of the same gun twenty some years ago, but I just had to put the three gun set together. We just don't see many straight grip, double trigger, 28", 28 gauge guns, still in unfired condition. It arrived this week and it is very nice, just a little better than average wood. Unfortunately, there is no room in the case for the B or C grade beavertail. This will be my shooter, so I probably won't store the gun in the case anyway. My two barrel beavertail double trigger 28 gauge will now be retired. Prices on these 28" double trigger 28s are in the stratosphere with only the occasional exception. I'm a happy man.

Gerry Addison 04-02-2021 04:50 PM

How rare is that Bill! Really neat to have three!