Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Hunting with Parkers (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Mass F&W Permit to hunt quail Jan, Feb and March (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25911)

allen newell 12-08-2018 04:39 PM

Mass F&W Permit to hunt quail Jan, Feb and March

Gents, today I received in the mail my permit to buy, release and hunt up quail at the Crane Reservation in Falmouth, Mass. on specified dates during the months of January, February and March 2019.

This permit is issued by Mass Fisheries and Wildlife and permits me and my hunting party to release quail and hunt them up. On the days that are specified in my permit, only my hunting party/group is permitted in the field.

So, here's an open invite. Should you wish to partake of this, let me know. Sophie, my English setter enjoys the company of others as do I.

The dates on this permit are as follows:

Jan 7, 14, 28
Feb 5, 12, 20, 27
Mar 5, 12, 19, 26

I should add that if your dog needs birdwork, bring him or her by all means. Quail will be purchased locally at the West Wareham Quail Farm nearby.

edgarspencer 12-08-2018 05:59 PM

Allen, I thought CT had you guys beat for concocting new forms of taxing us, but I see Taxachusetts is still creating new ways to skin ya.

allen newell 12-08-2018 06:36 PM

You are correct Edgar. Unfortunately our Republican gov seems abliged to sign every bill the Liberal controlled legislature sends him. However, there is a small glimmer of hope. Gas prices at the pump are starting to decline. I paid $2.55/gal today.

John Dallas 12-08-2018 07:00 PM

$1,95 in Cleveland

charlie cleveland 12-08-2018 07:19 PM

194 in miss....charlie

edgarspencer 12-08-2018 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie cleveland (Post 259861)
194 in miss....charlie

Charlie, that works out to about $28 a tank less than it cost me to fill up my Excursion up here. I may just have to come down there and drive around a bit.

Garry L Gordon 12-08-2018 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen newell (Post 259841)
Gents, today I received in the mail my permit to buy, release and hunt up quail at the Crane Reservation in Falmouth, Mass. on specified dates during the months of January, February and March 2019.

This permit is issued by Mass Fisheries and Wildlife and permits me and my hunting party to release quail and hunt them up. On the days that are specified in my permit, only my hunting party/group is permitted in the field.

So, here's an open invite. Should you wish to partake of this, let me know. Sophie, my English setter enjoys the company of others as do I.

The dates on this permit are as follows:

Jan 7, 14, 28
Feb 5, 12, 20, 27
Mar 5, 12, 19, 26

I should add that if your dog needs birdwork, bring him or her by all means. Quail will be purchased locally at the West Wareham Quail Farm nearby.

What an incredibly nice offer! Too far for someone west of the Mississippi, even with gas at $1.95, but gosh I hope you get good flying birds and have a grand time.

allen newell 12-08-2018 08:20 PM

Gary, thank you. I haven't been over to talk with the guy who raises the quail but the folks at fisheries and wildlife told me his birds are strong hardy fliers. It will be fun and the more birds that i can get my english setter into the better. We have already shot 60 or more birds over her. Funny, regardless which of my hunting friends shoots a bird over Sophie, she will only retrieve the bird and bring it in to me. I forgot to add that sophie, my setter is 2 1/2 yrs old

Dean Romig 12-08-2018 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen newell (Post 259869)
Funny, regardless which of my hunting friends shoots a bird over Sophie, she will only retrieve the bird and bring it in to me. I forgot to add that sophie, my setter is 2 1/2 yrs old

Grace is the same way.

allen newell 12-08-2018 09:05 PM

Birds of a feather.......