Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Wild Game Recipes (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Hunters Delight - Venison Crock Pot (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31662)

CraigThompson 12-14-2020 02:51 AM

Alright I went downstairs and read the label on a can of corn ! So you’re calling for two regular sized cans of creamed corn , I was thinking you meant two of the larger cans . Need to see if I can scrape up a ten quart crockpot to use so I can double up on your recipe .

CraigThompson 12-22-2020 04:02 PM

I cooked a five quart deal of this stuff ! All cleaned up at the shop today pretty darn quick :cool:

CraigThompson 12-24-2020 12:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I made a crockpot full of this stuff for lunch at the shop Tuesday and it all was scarfed up without any complaints ! So I just started another batch cooking for me , it oughtta get me thru the weekend I hope :whistle:

Andrew Sacco 12-24-2020 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigThompson (Post 319721)
I made a crockpot full of this stuff for lunch at the shop Tuesday and it all was scarfed up without any complaints ! So I just started another batch cooking for me , it oughtta get me thru the weekend I hope :whistle:

Post a photo when it's DONE please. Merry Christmas everyone.

CraigThompson 12-24-2020 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Sacco (Post 319723)

For sure I meant to do that Tuesday but I got to talking at the shop and forgot . I actually cooked it Monday night poured it out of the crock pot into a thermos cooler Tuesday morning washed the pot and took it in to the shop hooked the pot back up and poured it back in the crock to warm even though it was still hot when I poured it out . Worked really well this way as I was able to cook two pan fulls of Pheasent jambalaya before or guests arrived and put the jambalaya in the same thermos cooler (after rinsed of course). This worked great compared to past years when I’d be cooking while folks were coming and going , and I wasn’t really able to talk to them .

Andrew Sacco 12-24-2020 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigThompson (Post 319726)
For sure I meant to do that Tuesday but I got to talking at the shop and forgot . I actually cooked it Monday night poured it out of the crock pot into a thermos cooler Tuesday morning washed the pot and took it in to the shop hooked the pot back up and poured it back in the crock to warm even though it was still hot when I poured it out . Worked really well this way as I was able to cook two pan fulls of Pheasent jambalaya before or guests arrived and put the jambalaya in the same thermos cooler (after rinsed of course). This worked great compared to past years when I’d be cooking while folks were coming and going , and I wasn’t really able to talk to them .

I'm hungry..

CraigThompson 12-24-2020 06:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Sacco (Post 319723)

Needs about another 30-60 minutes I think . I do add 8 ounces of water above the recipe above . And next time I’m thinking I might add a can of green beans .

CraigThompson 12-24-2020 06:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I couldn’t wait ! With Cole slaw )store bought) , sourdough bread and cheese !

Andrew Sacco 12-24-2020 06:34 PM

I'm going to have to try this one. I agree with the green beans or maybe even a few lentils (which I love). Hungrier now. Heading to our Italian Christmas Eve seven fish dinner right now. Going to eat the house down.

Brian Dudley 12-24-2020 06:44 PM

The cream corn adds a lot of sweetness to it.