Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hausmann's (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30169)

Austin J Hawthorne Jr. 05-09-2020 12:55 PM

Hausmann's

Ernie's website still indicates that his facility is closed. Does anyone know if this is closure is still in effect?

Rick Losey 05-09-2020 01:44 PM

i bet it is - I read today rural PA counties are just beginning to revolt and threatening to reopen in spite of the Governor's edicts

Brian Dudley 05-09-2020 05:25 PM

Many counties’ local officials/law enforcement have said they will not cite businesses that decide to open on their own.
Many are getting to that point where they are simply sick of it.

I believe that Hausmanns was always just a “by invitation only” venue anyway. Not open to the public.

Daryl Corona 05-09-2020 05:38 PM

Rock Mountain in nearby Springville PA. is open. Hausmann's is a nice place to shoot but Mike Koneski at Rock Mountain has a great course to suit anyones skill level. If you can't have fun at the Rock you ain't trying.:bigbye:

Austin J Hawthorne Jr. 05-09-2020 06:48 PM

I have not been there for anything other than his organized shoots, however, the website says " 7 days a week By Reservation Only ". Am I misunderstanding that wording to mean Invitation Only ?

Joe Graziano 05-10-2020 12:02 AM

I can’t wait to get to Rock Mountain for the July/Aug shoot and to Hausmann’s for the Vintage Cup in September. With any luck, I’ll also make the Fall Southern in SC. We all need to get out and the fine people who own and run these facilities can sure use our support. Until then, our local clays course in NOVA opened yesterday and the fantastic M&M in Pennsville, NJ opens on the 15th.

CraigThompson 05-10-2020 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Graziano (Post 302266)
I can’t wait to get to Rock Mountain for the July/Aug shoot and to Hausmann’s for the Vintage Cup in September. With any luck, I’ll also make the Fall Southern in SC. We all need to get out and the fine people who own and run these facilities can sure use our support. Until then, our local clays course in NOVA opened yesterday and the fantastic M&M in Pennsville, NJ opens on the 15th.

Dunno about July August kinda doubtful for me . As to the Vintage Cup hopefully I’m able to leave the country two days before that one starts . As to the Fall Southern if I’m able to go to the Philippines and able to return I should be landing in Dullus early the morning of the day it begins . And once I’m home my crossbow needs to make up for time missed :whistle:

Mike Franzen 05-10-2020 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Dudley (Post 302250)
Many counties’ local officials/law enforcement have said they will not cite businesses that decide to open on their own.
Many are getting to that point where they are simply sick of it.

Sick AND tired of it. Sick and tired of seeing the face masks, the plexiglass shields, the 6’ spacers, the signs saying wash your hands and the politically correct politicians telling me what I can and can’t do. Around here myself and 99% of the people I talk to don’t have or know anyone who has the virus. Hospitals are laying off staff because so few are using their facilities. I know there are areas where it seems everything is going to hell in a hand basket but most of the country isn't in that situation. I’ve decided to reopen on a limited basis for those who can think for themselves and aren’t terrified by news media reports. I’m not willing to sit by and let 40 years of work go down the drain because some politician or official thinks it’s too risky for their career. If they arrest me so be it. I’ll start a Go Fund Me account for my bail and attorney fees.

Mike Koneski 05-10-2020 11:55 AM

I'm with you Mike. If I typed my thoughts on this whole mess here I may get put in PGCA jail. Kind of like FB jail, only worse!! :cuss:

Mike Franzen 05-10-2020 12:02 PM

I hear ya brother. I’ve worked harder the past two months than I ever did in the past 40 years. We literally had to reinvent how we do our business. When this situation comes around next time I just going to refuse to participate.