Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Somebody Please Pinch Me (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1241)

Dean Romig 01-16-2010 06:10 PM

Somebody Please Pinch Me

5 Attachment(s)
A recent acquisition. 1935 Iver Johnson SKEET-ER .410 two-barrel-set in better than 90% original condition.

Christopher Lien 01-16-2010 07:00 PM

Nice find Dean, great wood and should be lots of fun to shoot...;)

Best, CSL

Dave Suponski 01-16-2010 08:03 PM

Showoff....Talk about being in the right place at the right time...SHESSH..

Rich Anderson 01-16-2010 08:18 PM

Dean trust me on this..:duck: you are asking for frustration beyond belief with a 410. There just arn't enough pellets there for you to have even a remote chance of breaking a target with this gun.:nono:

As a friend (esp as it's not a Parker) to save you the humility and agony of defeat, the inward self doubt of your presumed abilities PLEASE send this to me at once and I'll redeme you the purchase price so you won't endure any economic loss on this your latest folly:rolleyes:

A nice find Dean...congrats:bigbye:

Russ Jackson 01-16-2010 08:37 PM

Dean ;Congrats on a beautiful gun !!!!!!!!! A wonderful find , I was discussing the price of one of these also in 410 ,at a gun show a few years ago with the helper at a table ,the fella told me the price and I could have bought it right then and there ,but I wanted to see if I could save a few bucks , while waiting for the owner of the display table to return I made up my mind to buy the gun even if the owner of the table wouldn't take a couple of bucks off , when the owner of the display table came back ,I said I would like to discuss the gun with him ,he looked at the guy with him and said I told you it wouldn't last and the fella said he would take it , they had been making a deal on the gun ,there was more than one Pre 64 Model 70 and some cash traded ,and I missed the boat ! One I have always regretted !

Dean Romig 01-16-2010 08:40 PM

Dave.... :violin:

Rich.... Sounds like a fair offer..... lemme think it over :shock:

Wednesday night I shot skeet under the lights and broke 19/25 low gun at every station.... having only ever shot skeet with a .410 Parker once before.
..... Incidentally, Today I offered to the owner of that Parker .410 an even trade but he declined..... oh, well... he had his chance :bigbye:

charlie cleveland 01-16-2010 09:02 PM

consider your self pinched... you will have fun with that little gun. those little skeeters are pesky little things. charlie

E Robert Fabian 01-17-2010 08:59 AM

Congrats Dean, great looking gun, tell us the barrel configurations.

Hope John has set the precedent on the sharing of 410's !!

Dean Romig 01-17-2010 01:15 PM

Bob, both barrel sets are twenty-six inches; both barrel sets are numbered to the gun and are marked 1 and 2 as are both beavertail forends marked 1 and 2.
The #1 set of barrels are choked O and C which I understand are Open and Choke - this being the standard skeet choking for the Iver Johnson SKEET-ER.
The #2 set of barrels is choked C and M which I understand are Choke and Modified - possibly a field choke for this gun?

Rich Anderson 01-17-2010 05:48 PM

Dean you are on thin ice with this .410 thing and the sun is a shining:eek:
I can see it now your scores plumet then the therapy and shooting lessons (which you need anyway so that might be a plus:rolleyes:) begin, then Prozac and Jack Daniels, more trauma and yet the scores plumet like the stock market of the Great Depression as you fall deeper into the abysis then Vallium and Gentalman Jack as you devle into a greater depression than the 1930's and to help with the pain Oxycoten and Single Barrel. Befor you know it you'll be shooting trap and using a release trigger!:nono:

Dean in the name of all thats holy and sacred send that infernal contraption to me and save yourself:crying: