Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Parking at Hausmans (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28121)

Mike Franzen 09-10-2019 12:18 PM

Parking at Hausmans

Copied this to post here in case you haven’t seen it.

As posted on the Vintage Gunners Facebook page this morning.

"Parking update
The parking at the Vintage Gunners Cup has been moved back to the traditional parking area at Hausman's Hidden Hollow Sporting Clays. The upper field parking will be used for overflow parking with a shuttle running as needed to transport shooters to and from the golf cart pick up area or registration. The flurry and the clays pigeon ring have been moved to the upper field to accommodate parking for shooters. It is just a short ride by golf cart or with your vehicle. Parking is Free."

Bill Murphy 09-10-2019 06:00 PM

I've been going to wonderful events at Ernie's for years and I have no idea where these fields are located. How about a map. Will there be handicap parking closer to the main tent area?

Mike Franzen 09-10-2019 06:28 PM

From what I understand the parking will be just like it’s always been.

tom tutwiler 09-15-2019 08:13 AM

Quick question. I normally come from Western Pa to get there. This time I'll be coming up I 81 it seems. Is there an Address that will get me close via GPS? Perhaps that little store at the crossroads which is a few miles away?

Sara LeFever 09-15-2019 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom tutwiler (Post 281464)
Is there an Address that will get me close via GPS? Perhaps that little store at the crossroads which is a few miles away?

If you're referring to the "Stone Store"/Flynn's Stone Castle, the address is 3626 PA-706, Lawton, PA 18828. If your GPS can do intersections, Hausmann's is at Irish Hill Road & Flynn Road.

Sara

tom tutwiler 09-15-2019 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sara LeFever (Post 281465)
If you're referring to the "Stone Store"/Flynn's Stone Castle, the address is 3626 PA-706, Lawton, PA 18828. If your GPS can do intersections, Hausmann's is at Irish Hill Road & Flynn Road.

Sara

That's the store. That should do it.

Bill Jolliff 09-15-2019 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom tutwiler (Post 281464)
Quick question. I normally come from Western Pa to get there. This time I'll be coming up I 81 it seems. Is there an Address that will get me close via GPS? Perhaps that little store at the crossroads which is a few miles away?

Tom,

Another method that works for me is to use the latitude and longitude coordinates of the intersection of Flynn Road and PA State route 4015. Your GPS will probably accept them just fine.

Latitude = 41.862628 and Longitude = -76.056983

Get to that point and just drive east down Flynn Road past the stone quarry on the left and thru the woods to Ernie's.

tom tutwiler 09-17-2019 05:48 AM

Falling into the FWIW, category. I found a home that was for sale on Zillow that is just past the intersection/turn off to Ernies. Address is 4798 Irish Hill Road, Montrose PA. I put that in the GPS yesterday and bingo. Once I get close I'll know my way I'm sure. Been there quite a few times, but always came from Eastern Pa and was always riding shotgun and yapping way too much. :(

Russell E. Cleary 09-17-2019 08:32 PM

As a supplement (or if traveling without GPS). there are two maps that can be downloaded from the Hausemann's Hidden Hollow Sporting Clays website, under "Directions".