Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   New User Introductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   2 perfect Parker’s (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39474)

Tom McKibben 06-20-2023 09:31 PM

2 perfect Parker’s

Hello Parker Enthusiasts,

My a name is Tom and I’m new to the group and a new enthusiast. This may be a tad bit long, but here is my Parker story. It all started last year at the Wanenmachers Tulsa Arms show where I helped a friend and we sold a Parker reproduction. Had a nice box, 2 barrels and some bits from when it was new. I think the gun sold for 4,500 and was actually bought by a gentleman who owns Connecticut arms company. Fast forward to last Friday, I was at a small auction in Vinita OK and they had 2 Parker shot guns on the docket. They were in a glass case and looked to be near perfect. The gentleman running the auction said they never had been shot and from what could see they looked real good to me and my son who is a bigger gun nut than myself. I came home with both guns. After further inspection, yes they are in perfect condition. I would put them at a strong 95 if no 100% in condition. Yes, it is hard to believe and they also came with the original tag from the. factory and one had a directions tag. One is a Trojan 16 ga built in 1926 and the other tag says the grade is a Field 12 ga built in 1921. What I need to know is what I should insure them for. I’ve heard all the “they are worth what someone would pay” I want to hear. My son already has a 5500 offer on the 16 ga. I’m not wanting to sell “yet”, I’m enjoying owning them and learning more.
Thanks for any help. If I can figure out how to post pics I will. Not very tech savvy..
Tom

Tom McKibben 06-20-2023 10:37 PM

Tag pics

2 Attachment(s)
These are the tags

Tom McKibben 06-20-2023 10:50 PM

16 ga gun pics

5 Attachment(s)
I will have the 12 ga pics tomorrow for you all.
Thanks Tom

Dean Romig 06-21-2023 07:48 AM

Hi Tom and Welcome!

That is a very attractive Trojan.

IMO those tags are suspect. Were they written in ballpoint pen? It sure appears they were.
Parker “never” listed the chokes in thousandths that I know of. They would normally have listed pellet count for each choke.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but then, I could be wrong.

Further, are you certain that stock is 13”? Measure it yourself from the forward trigger. It looks longer.

And on the other tag… “Field”??? Parker would have written the actual grade there like VH or VHE or PH or PHE and so on.

Andrew Sacco 06-21-2023 08:49 AM

Dean were all hang tags written in pencil? The few I've seen photos of have been.

Garry L Gordon 06-21-2023 08:57 AM

I bought some hangtags from a dealer on Ebay. I'm pretty sure that's what I'm seeing here...but, still, a couple of nice Parkers is a treasure trove.

Welcome. You'll learn much from the folks here.

Dean Romig 06-21-2023 09:08 AM

Andy, mostly pencil but I've seen some written with an ink-well pen.

Randy G Roberts 06-21-2023 09:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And then there is the typed version I presume....

Dan Steingraber 06-21-2023 09:46 AM

Looks like a beautiful Trojan.

Dean Romig 06-21-2023 09:49 AM

Thanks Randy - It would appear that Remington preferred to use a typewriter... wonder if it was a Remington typewriter?