Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Spring Southern in Sanford (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23146)

Gary Carmichael Sr 01-11-2018 11:53 AM

Spring Southern in Sanford

Just called to make my reservation and they said they were sold out for the 25-29th April they also said they did not have any info on rooms blocked for the PGCA, this is the Hampton Inn They can't be sold out I believe I am getting the run around, anybody else have problems booking rooms, I do not believe they know, well I want say that! Gary

George M. Purtill 01-11-2018 01:27 PM

I was able to get two rooms a couple days ago but they said they couldn't issue confirmations yet. They assured me I had the two rooms.

Gary Carmichael Sr 01-11-2018 02:52 PM

I just booked at the comfort across the street, they are as screwed up as the Hampton Reserved 2 rooms sent conformation on 1 room called back sent me the same conformation for 1 room, I was going to go in the Airstream but all camp grounds are full within 50miles because of people from out of town working the outage at the nuke plant the rooms at the comfort are 125.00 a night if I do not get a break on price I am going to cancel feed em fish heads, Gary

Eric Eis 01-11-2018 02:55 PM

What happened to the block of rooms for the PGCA?

Brett Hoop 01-11-2018 04:07 PM

I was able to make reservation last Thursday or Friday, but they did have to call me on Monday to provide me a conformation number. If I understood them correctly they were going through a computer update/upgrade. I believe something was said about a remodel in process also. I did mention the PGCA block of rooms and the Southern as Josh had mentioned.

Bob Hayes 01-11-2018 04:16 PM

They told me they were completely booked a week ago.Got a room at Baymont Inn in Sanford.

Eric Eis 01-11-2018 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Hayes (Post 232625)
They told me they were completely booked a week ago.Got a room at Baymont Inn in Sanford.

That's weird, sorry computer or not if a set number of rooms are blocked off you know how many rooms are available, even if you have to use a sheet of paper and count down as rooms are reserved ............... and mark off each room as it is reserved :shock:

Josh Loewensteiner 01-11-2018 05:11 PM

Guys- hold on for a second here - the Hampton Inn has our block set up with the manager but isn’t yet in their system. They have a block of 75 rooms for the PGCA which is why they are saying they have no rooms available. I’ll call the manager again tomorrow to get it cleared up.

Mills Morrison 01-11-2018 05:15 PM

Thanks, Josh

Bill Mullins 01-11-2018 05:32 PM

I made reservations last week but had to follow up on
my confirmation number yesterday. They quoted computer
upgrades in process and the PGCA block had not yet in been installed in their system.
Asst. Mgr. did confirm the 75 room block. 😊