Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Hunting with Parkers (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Last evening ! (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26139)

CraigThompson 01-05-2019 02:18 PM

Last evening !

5 Attachment(s)
My sinus’ And the weather subsided enough for me to see the regular Virginia gun season out ! Carried my new to me unblooded Mannlicher Schoenauer circa 1956 MC 30-06 Carbine and in case I get a covey of deer my also new to me but blooded Benelli Montefeltro circa 1988 . Both loaded with yuck factory ammunition. My range finder claims I’m
34-36 feet up . 52 degrees no precipitation little wind and sunshine a good way to cap the season .

CraigThompson 01-05-2019 02:33 PM

Kinda wish I’d brought the 10 gauge lifter but the Benelli was in the rack on my ATV , has a new Kick’s choke tube specifically for 00 which just so happens to be what it’s stuffed with today .

CraigThompson 01-05-2019 05:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another year in the books !

charlie cleveland 01-05-2019 07:33 PM

i bet that benelli really throws a good pattern of that buckshot....looks like you were way to high for me....i aint been up in a tree climber in years....that high up the deer will not smell you....yep them old 10 s are my favorite for buckshot too....thanks for the pictures....charlie

CraigThompson 01-05-2019 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie cleveland (Post 262120)
i bet that benelli really throws a good pattern of that buckshot....looks like you were way to high for me....i aint been up in a tree climber in years....that high up the deer will not smell you....yep them old 10 s are my favorite for buckshot too....thanks for the pictures....charlie

I got that Benelli in October it came with 4 regular chokes and two turkey specific chokes . I also ordered SIX buckshot specific chokes for it . Choke in the gun at the moment is a Kick's Buck Buster FULL , it does very well with 00 , also have a Kick's EXTRA FULL that did great with #1 Buck . Earlier today I had a box at the Post Office that contained a Kick's Buck Buster LITE FULL that's supposed to be the thing for 000 . I should know on paper atleast in the next couple weeks . I had a double with the Benelli in mid December using factory WIN 3" #1 Buck using the Pattern Master buckshot choke , flattened two PDQ .

If I kill 10-15 deer a year for the next 10 years that might cover all the buckshot and or slug loads I'd like to try in my 10's , 12's . 16's and 20's . But that would be a TREMENDOUSE challenge as I really really like rifles as well LOL's !

CraigThompson 01-05-2019 08:11 PM

3 Attachment(s)
My Benelli when I patterned it last sunday with 00 factory loads . At 25 and 50 yards . The two Kick's Full and Xtra Full I originally bought at GreenTop Sporting Goods last sunday .

charlie cleveland 01-06-2019 10:07 AM

very good patterns...i like those 3 inch shells with 0 buckshot...charlie

Wes Stueber 01-09-2019 05:19 PM

Wow, Craig!

You go up a LOT higher in your stand than I do! Nice rifle, by the way! Better luck next season.

Wes

CraigThompson 01-09-2019 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes Stueber (Post 262458)
Wow, Craig!

You go up a LOT higher in your stand than I do! Nice rifle, by the way! Better luck next season.

Wes

Thank you sir ! I had a very good season this year , one the last evening would have been nice . But if ya don’t get one ya don’t have to mess with it later . So either way can be considered a win ! Thanks on the Rifle that’s my most recent MS I have MCA’s in 243 and 270 and MC’s in 308 and 06 . Also have a 1908 8x56 MS somewhere in the safe . They’re all Mannlicher stocked carbines by the way. That 06 will most likely be my last unless I can pick up an MC/MCA Carbine in either 6.5x54 or 7x57 . That MC stock with the relatively high comb works very well for me and I can get by with the lower MCA comb , but as to the earlier non Monte Carlo stocks I doubt I’ll like them very much as I’m going to mount a scope on whatever I get .

Mark Wallo 02-27-2019 10:25 PM

Hello,
I don't know anything about shooting deer with buck shot but I do own a nice Manlicher mca in 30 06. It will shoot a clover leaf of three shots at 100 yds with just about any ammo you put in it. A Manlicher rifle is by far the smoothest bolt action rifle you will ever handle. Most of the time at a bargin price. You just have to be careful about the scope mounts. They are hard to find if missing.
Mark