Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   SXS Shoot at Hunting Hills (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15963)

Harold Lee Pickens 03-22-2015 03:30 PM

SXS Shoot at Hunting Hills

For those in the western Pa. and Wva areas, I see that there is a SXS shoot next Sunday, March 29th at Hunting Hills in Greene County, Pa. Havent fired a shot since bird season ended, and think I will go. Google Hunting Hills for more info.

John Taddeo 03-23-2015 09:59 AM

Got the invite also Harold.. I unfortunately cannot make it.. Hunting hills is a very nice course and I have been to their SxS shoots in the past.. I will try to make the next shoot and hope to see you there.. I always try to attend the RGS covered Bridge shoot in the Fall, also an excellent shoot.

Rick Losey 03-23-2015 02:26 PM

nice place- been there several time for the Old Hemlock events

have fun

Harold Lee Pickens 03-29-2015 09:45 PM

Went to the Hunting Hills SXS Championship today, a really beautiful venue and first class facility. Cant believe I've never shot there before as it is only 75 miles from home. Eleven degrees and sunshine when I left the house and maybe 25 degrees and windy for the first round. There are a lot of serious sc shooters in Wheeling and they have recently got into shooting sxs's. One of them won both the 16 and 20 division at the Southern last year. Those who know me , know that I am a serious bird hunter, but a mediocre shot at sporting clays--I can see Rich, Daryl, Mark, and Mike nodding their heads in agreement. Well, every dog has his day, and today was mine. At the end of the shoot I was tied in the 16 div. with a very good local guy shooting a high grade Simpson. I was shooting my new 4E Ithaca 16 for the very first time. -We had a shoot off on the 5-stand and tied again, but on the second shoot off I broke 4/6 and he shot 3/6, and I went home with the trophy. I took 2nd place in the large bore combined course( 10, 12,16)losing by one target. I shot my Fox pin gun 12. Shot well with my VH20 on the small bore course with the guy who I beat in the 16's--he only dropped 2 birds out of 50 with his RBL 20.
Met fellow PGCA forum member Rich Lamendola, who showed me his beautiful Lefevers.
A great day and looking forward to a more relaxing shoot with my friends at the Southern and Hausman's

Daryl Corona 03-29-2015 10:05 PM

Well done Harold! We will be expecting that same level of skill at Drake's.:bowdown::bowdown:

Harold Lee Pickens 03-29-2015 10:39 PM

As I said, every dog has his day. I don't need any more pressure--does any one else feel like the older we get, the harder things become( talking about work here). I really wanted to try my Ugartechea 28 today also, but played show and tell with old doubles with a new friend .
This venue was equally as nice or nicer, as the place in Martinsburg Wva, where the first Eastern SXS was held. The owner, Roy Sisler, said he would like to have several sxs shoots each year. Probably 50 or more shooters today--and they fed us well!!

Mike.Smith 03-30-2015 12:04 AM

Nice work taking home the win Harold! While you might miss a few on the clays course, I've heard you hardly ever miss in the Grouse woods, which is where it counts!

Mike