Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Man's Best Friend (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   My newest Parker (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27913)

Jacob Duke 08-13-2019 02:19 PM

My newest Parker

3 Attachment(s)
I know it’s probably a cliche to name her Parker, but my daughter chose and I considered anything that wasn’t Anna, Elsa or any other Disney princess a victory. She’s my first bird dog and I am excited about this new adventure!

Dean Freeman 08-13-2019 03:31 PM

Congrats Jacob,

That's a beautiful pup, and I'm sure everyone loves the name.

Chad Hefflinger 08-13-2019 03:54 PM

Great looking pup, congratulations! I once had a white Lab named Parker, he was great dog as I’m sure this pup will turn out to be.

Garry L Gordon 08-13-2019 05:24 PM

Jacob, Parker is a great name, and for more reasons unique to you and your family than I could list here. I hope you have many great days afield with Parker, and that your family comes to cherish this pup (like I'm sure they will).

Keep us posted on Parker's progress, and thanks for posting.

Dean Romig 08-13-2019 06:04 PM

You are one lucky guy Jacob! What a great pup - what a great bird dog she will be.... heck, just look at her!

Rich Anderson 08-14-2019 08:01 AM

Thats a fine looking pup and your daughter did well. I've been a fan of shorthairs for close to 40 years, their great dogs excellent companions and good hunters.

Jacob Duke 08-14-2019 10:02 AM

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen! We are really excited to have her, and hopeful for the birds to come.

davidboyles 08-14-2019 06:18 PM

New dog

My daughter Perry is a new owner of a Brit she named Parker . He and Dessa will have a blast this season. Opens on 14 Sept maybe I can get her to post a pic of him he is a looker. Your GSHP is fine looking. Jacob That looks like west Tx where do you live?

Jacob Duke 08-14-2019 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidboyles (Post 279202)
My daughter Perry is a new owner of a Brit she named Parker . He and Dessa will have a blast this season. Opens on 14 Sept maybe I can get her to post a pic of him he is a looker. Your GSHP is fine looking. Jacob That looks like west Tx where do you live?

We live in Colorado Springs, but southern Colorado has a lot of that rimrock desert full of yucca, cholla and prickly pear. The trail where that picture was taken is called the yucca loop. If we rotated 90 degrees left though, you would be looking at Pikes Peak.

Breck Gorman 08-14-2019 11:48 PM

It’s good luck to name your gun dog after your favorite gun. My Boykin is named Parker, and she loves everyone, and everyone loves her. I’ve also had A Remmy, a Colt and a Dan. It’s good luck to combine the two.