Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Restoration (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   DHE Ejector Problem (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19318)

allen newell 06-27-2016 11:32 AM

DHE Ejector Problem

I have been shooting trap lately with my 31 inch barreled Parker DHE. (and quite well I might add!). I've only been shooting it on trap using the right barrel/front trigger) On the second to last outing I noticed that the right ejector was not re-cocking. The left barrel ejector continues to cock fine.

I have re-set or re-cocked the right ejector but the minute I out the forend back on the barrel, it uncocks.

I'll probably end up taking it to Dan Cullity who is local to me but would appreciate any insights from our more experienced members on what's going on. Something broken with the cocking mechanism?

Thanks in advance

Bruce Day 06-27-2016 03:44 PM

Allan, as a first step run cleaner through the action, take out the ejector mechanism in the forend and clean it, and make sure the rod is sliding smoothly through the barrel lug. Most problems are caused by crud and dried oil. I think the problem is crud in the forend mechanism, although it may be excessive wear. When you look at the sears you will be able to tell.

If the symptom persists you may at least be able to identify where it is. Taking the action off the stock is not too difficult if you need to go to that step.

Paweł Janusz 06-28-2016 03:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by allen newell (Post 197792)
I have been shooting trap lately with my 31 inch barreled Parker DHE. (and quite well I might add!). I've only been shooting it on trap using the right barrel/front trigger) On the second to last outing I noticed that the right ejector was not re-cocking. The left barrel ejector continues to cock fine.

I have re-set or re-cocked the right ejector but the minute I out the forend back on the barrel, it uncocks.

I'll probably end up taking it to Dan Cullity who is local to me but would appreciate any insights from our more experienced members on what's going on. Something broken with the cocking mechanism?

Thanks in advance

Be happy to help

Doug Turnbull 08-04-2016 03:34 PM

The forend/ejectors are not completely recocking and resetting and need to re adjusted, that is why they kick off when you take off the FE.

Doug

Paweł Janusz 08-04-2016 04:11 PM

And the parker mystery is solved

Bill Murphy 08-04-2016 05:43 PM

Welcome to Doug Turnbull.

Dean Romig 08-04-2016 08:54 PM

Yes, welcome Doug. I don't think I have ever seen you post here before. Thanks for contributing to the forum!

Paweł Janusz 08-04-2016 09:28 PM

Flying or fixing guns?

allen newell 08-05-2016 04:05 PM

I called Cullity to get and update on the fix to the ejectors. The DHE has been there a month and a half. Hasn't been touched so I'll just pick it up next week and send it out for repair. I spoke with Brad B. Today re status of two other Parkers he has of mine requiring restoration and Brad has offered to address the ejector problem. Thank all for your suggestions.

Dean Romig 08-05-2016 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen newell (Post 199605)
I called Cullity to get and update on the fix to the ejectors. The DHE has been there a month and a half. Hasn't been touched so I'll just pick it up next week.

It's tough to keep all your clients happy when you're a one-man operation - each client has a different view of who's gun should be worked on next and when it should be completed.

I had a very positive meeting with Mike Orlen yesterday. I had telephoned him a couple of months ago asking if he could do some choke work for me while I waited. He told me he was pretty busy and if I could call him in a couple of months he would do it. I know he has a lot of work and lots of other clients have already sent their barrels to him. He has LOTS of barrels waiting for work.
I got to his shop yesterday morning before 9 and handed him the barrels and told him what I needed done. He said to come back in 45 minutes. I went for coffee and a bagel and drove around Amherst for a bit and got back to his shop in about 50 minutes. He met me at the door with my barrels in hand - work completed. It was all very positive.